happy Mother's Day

Discussion in 'The Watering Hole' started by Luke, May 10, 2015.

1. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    I know it's celebrated on different days in different countries. In the US, we celebrate mothers today. I'd like to wish all the moms here a happy mother's day. Feel free to share a photo of your mother, too.

Here's one of my mom in her pajamas playing with a very young Luke on one of his first Easters. My Dad choose a very curious framing for the photo. I guess I know whom to blame for my lousy compositional eye.

[​IMG]an early Easter egg hunt by Luke, on Flickr
    • Like Like x 7
    • Appreciate Appreciate x 1
  2. bilzmale

bilzmale Super Moderator Emeritus

Jul 17, 2010
    Perth, Western Australia
    Bill Shinnick
    Mothers' Day here in Australia too. Congrats and thankyou to Mums everywhere.
    • Like Like x 1
  3. El Guapo

El Guapo SC Regular

Feb 3, 2014
    Happy mothers day all, I rounded up my brothers and we had lunch with mum.
    She had a great day.

Luke that looks very much like an Kodak Instamatic print you have there.
    I recently scanned a bunch of my film from the early 1970s.
    I was impressed really how good the Instamatic could be if taken in good light.
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Lawrence A.

Lawrence A. SC All-Pro

Nov 8, 2012
    New Mexico
    Sunday was the first Mother's Day without my mother, who passed away the end of February, and it felt very strange. Even though I am in Albuquerque and she lived outside Boston, where I grew up, I always sent flowers, and of course always called her.

This shot is one taken Mother's Day 18 years ago when she was here in Albuqueruque. From a little 2 inch Polaroid. I've posted it elsewhere, but I love the shot, so I'm putting it up here. That was before my hair was all white.
    • Like Like x 1