Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving to all living in the US!
May you and yours have a wonderful day.

And please.... behave yourself in the camera store(s) tomorrow. :dance2:

Happy Thanksgiving to us all, whether celebrating the national holiday in the US, or anywhere else where people are giving thanks for the good fortune in our lives. Of which there is much, even in these crazy times.

-Ray

Heh heh, yeah football is part of it too. I care about it enough to enjoy watching it (I played through high school and it kind of gets in your blood), and it's nice when the Iggles win, but people around here get so out of hand when they lose, and with such over the top entertainment value, that I enjoy the losing almost as much as the winning. They've lost two in a row to pretty bad teams, establishing pretty clearly that they too are a really BAD team, so now there's a death watch on the coach. Who, of course, was the toast of the town when he took em to the playoffs two years ago... All sort of distracting fun. Except for the concussions, early dementia, players who can barely walk when they're 40, etc, but I guess that's the price for being a well paid gladiator...

-Ray

:crying: I feel left out...

Just overeat for no good reason and we'll count you as an honorary American, Bill. You need to eat so much that you feel sick.

One famous Thanksgiving when I was growing up, the Lavin boys decided to have an "eating contest" (without Mom knowing, of course). Mom finally caught on as the arguments started about that 3rd plate not being quite full enough. The afternoon left 3 of the "gladiators" lying on the bathroom floor so they were close enough to pray to the great porcelain god. Mom was very upset. I was a bit too young to give my older brothers a run for the money. We still get a good laugh out of it today.

Happy Thanksgiving, all!

Giants fan here. Will be a good day for me if the Cowboys lose ;).

It's ALWAYS a good day for me if the Cowboys lose! The Giants and that Washington team that dare not speak it's name are rivals and I like to see my team beat them, but I don't hate them. I HATE the Cowboys - have ever since I was a wee lad (there you go Bill - that was for you...) even when they weren't a rival of my team at the time. Something about their whole image and approach. Can't stand 'em...

Hope everyone is enjoying their holiday so far. I'll be watching the Eagles lose to the Lions this afternoon. Does this Philly fan sound cynical? I should be thankful! :)

I think that IS being thankful. We Philly fans don't really know how to act when one of our teams is really good - it happens so rarely we don't get any practice. I'd love to see them actually win a Super Bowl someday, just once, but I honestly enjoy watching football more when I don't have anything at stake. So Philly is a good town for me to live in/near...

Just overeat for no good reason and we'll count you as an honorary American, Bill. You need to eat so much that you feel sick.

One famous Thanksgiving when I was growing up, the Lavin boys decided to have an "eating contest" (without Mom knowing, of course). Mom finally caught on as the arguments started about that 3rd plate not being quite full enough. The afternoon left 3 of the "gladiators" lying on the bathroom floor so they were close enough to pray to the great porcelain god. Mom was very upset. I was a bit too young to give my older brothers a run for the money. We still get a good laugh out of it today.

I've had two really bad Thanksgiving experiences along those lines. The first one is predictable enough - I was about 20 or 21, living on my own but quite new at it and very VERY stupid. Went out and behaved like an idiot the night before which, for some reason, had always been a prime party night. Then over to my folks for Thanksgiving, but too hung over to keep anything down. I basically spent dinner sleeping it off in the back room. It was just my folks and me that year so I was sort of the main attraction for them and I really blew it, quite literally... And then, just within the past ten years, we had our whole extended family to our place and nobody' had lunch with dinner scheduled for 4 o'clock. And several of us, mostly the guys, were out walking around town killing time and saw a restaurant with a great special on patty melts and they were actually open until 2 that day. Like idiots, we thought we'd just have a small bite, but they weren't small and there were a lot of them. We got home in time for Thanksgiving dinner, but with very full bellies and damned little enthusiasm. Didn't tell the tale for a few years, at which point I think the women-folk were just as angry as if they'd known that day. It just doesn't pay to be an inconsiderate idiot - then or now!

Now my misdeeds amount to trying to document the whole blessed day when a lot of people do NOT want their photos taken. So I tread lightly. Particularly this year with just my wife and one daughter, who are two of my least willing models... The dog is still happy to be snapped though...

=Ray

Back