1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Hasselblad Compact - who first?

Discussion in 'Open Gear Talk' started by Xuereb, Sep 18, 2012.

1. Xuereb

Xuereb SC Veteran

Nov 5, 2010
    W. Australia
    • Like Like x 2
  2. bartjeej

bartjeej SC Hall of Famer

Nov 12, 2010
    bart
    wow, that's seriously disappointing. I was hoping for something unique, something that added to the options we as photographers have. This is just a badge engineering effort. At least the X-pan brought something that no other camera in the marketplace had (since the Fuji version was only sold in Japan).

3. Xuereb

Xuereb SC Veteran

Nov 5, 2010
    W. Australia
    Well, at least we now know who we can expect to undertake the innovating, the ground-breaking, risk-taking effort to provide good tools for the craft of photography. This is for folk who like Porsche watches and Vuitton leicas.

4. Julien

Julien SC Top Veteran

Jan 6, 2012
    Paris, France
    Julien
    Disappointing that it's not full frame yes, but I wouldn't have been able to afford anyway. At least they made me smile with this strange jewel-camera.

5. krugorg

krugorg SC All-Pro

Sep 26, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Kyle Krug
    Well, if I buy this (need to look if I can take a second mortgage out on our house), I am going to need to invest an equal or greater amount on a new wardrobe to match.

6. Xuereb

Xuereb SC Veteran

Nov 5, 2010
    W. Australia
    Well apart from the smile it brings on, the choice of wood handle, I wonder if image quality is better than the humble Nex 7?

7. Andrewteee

Andrewteee SC All-Pro

Jul 8, 2010
    Egad! However, I do like the idea of the larger grip. And they do add a bit of personality to an otherwise geeky plain jain camera body.

I think I have a plan... I'll buy one of these in Ostrich leather and one of the custom Leica X2s in bright blue leather. Walk around the streets taking pictures of people's expressions as they stare at me as I take their picture with gaudy toy cameras. Call it Street Chic photography.

• Like Like x 2