Hasselblad Compact - who first?

wow, that's seriously disappointing. I was hoping for something unique, something that added to the options we as photographers have. This is just a badge engineering effort. At least the X-pan brought something that no other camera in the marketplace had (since the Fuji version was only sold in Japan).

Well, at least we now know who we can expect to undertake the innovating, the ground-breaking, risk-taking effort to provide good tools for the craft of photography. This is for folk who like Porsche watches and Vuitton leicas.

Disappointing that it's not full frame yes, but I wouldn't have been able to afford anyway. At least they made me smile with this strange jewel-camera.

Well, if I buy this (need to look if I can take a second mortgage out on our house), I am going to need to invest an equal or greater amount on a new wardrobe to match.

Egad! However, I do like the idea of the larger grip. And they do add a bit of personality to an otherwise geeky plain jain camera body.

I think I have a plan... I'll buy one of these in Ostrich leather and one of the custom Leica X2s in bright blue leather. Walk around the streets taking pictures of people's expressions as they stare at me as I take their picture with gaudy toy cameras. Call it Street Chic photography.

Back