Have you discovered the ideal bag for a Panasonic G1 with 14-45mm?

Discussion in 'Micro Four Thirds Forum' started by docfox, May 7, 2011.

1. docfox

docfox SC Regular

Apr 2, 2011
    Hatfield, PA
    I am an admitted camera bag NUT! Choosing the right bag always seems a bit like finding the ideal woman's shoe - you know, something tiny and stylish on the outside, huge and soft on the inside, reasonably priced.

I recently bought a Panny G1 with the 14-45 zoom. I have had virtually no luck finding the 'right' (small!) shoulder bag to carry the camera with the lens and strap attached, a spare battery, a couple of SD cards and a filter or two. If nothing else will fit, that's fine - if I could carry a pair of (cased) reading glasses or one legacy OM lens on an adaptor that would be a useful bonus.

I view protecting the camera from shock, dust and moisture as very important. I want the camera surrounded by something soft (no internal zippers or stiff Velcro in contact). I would prefer easy and quick access/return to the camera/lens.

Has anyone already discovered this version of the Holy Grail? If so, will you please share the make and model of your "wonder-bag"? A picture showing its custom-like fit will earn my undying gratitude!

Many thanks for the help,

George

• Like Like x 1
  2. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator Moderator

Jul 3, 2010
    I have such a bag, but it's a Crumpler knockoff, and I don't know the exact model number or brand. Have you looked at the smaller Crumpler bags?

3. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus S.C. Charter Member

Jul 12, 2010
    Philly, Pa
  4. nippa

nippa SC Top Veteran S.C. Charter Member

Aug 7, 2010
    Cheshire UK
    Dennis
    I use a Domke F-5XA which takes the camera with lens and one telephoto ( either 45-200 or 100-300 will fit) and the pancake lens and other bits and bobs in two pockets.
    Just about the smallest kit bag I could find.

5. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus S.C. Charter Member

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    George, first of all, I just love your analogy of the perfect camera bag being akin to the "ideal woman's shoe" - I've been looking for those ideal shoes since I was in 8th grade!:biggrin: And second - welcome to Serious Compacts! Although I'm afraid I can't really help you with a specific bag, there are some places that will make you a bag to suit your needs. You might check out Messenger Bags, Camera Bags, Laptop Cases, Travel Bags-Courierware Made in USA and don't hesitate to call them. Some people also seem to love the Timbuk2 Bags - Timbuk2

In the meantime, George, congrats on your new camera and when you stop back next time please stop in to the Welcomes and Introductions forum for a quick hello.:wink:

6. Pelao

Pelao SC All-Pro S.C. Charter Member

Jul 11, 2010
    Ontario, Canada
    Stephen
    The new Thinktank retrospective 5 looks nice: claims to be designed for Rangefinder / single DSLR / M4/3:

Retrospective 5 (Pinestone)

7. docfox

docfox SC Regular

Apr 2, 2011
    Hatfield, PA
    Happy Ending

A chap over at mu-43 suggested the LowePro Rezo 110 bag. I found and tried one at BestBuy - it fit very nicely. I gladly paid $25 for this small bag.

• Like Like x 1
  8. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus S.C. Charter Member

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    Doc, good for you for finding The Right Bag, while many are every searching. It does look as though it was just what the doctor ordered. :blush: Sorry, I just couldn't control myself. Seriously, it does look just right - with a nice shoulder strap, too.:thumbup: