Micro 4/3 Have you discovered the ideal bag for a Panasonic G1 with 14-45mm?

I am an admitted camera bag NUT! Choosing the right bag always seems a bit like finding the ideal woman's shoe - you know, something tiny and stylish on the outside, huge and soft on the inside, reasonably priced.

I recently bought a Panny G1 with the 14-45 zoom. I have had virtually no luck finding the 'right' (small!) shoulder bag to carry the camera with the lens and strap attached, a spare battery, a couple of SD cards and a filter or two. If nothing else will fit, that's fine - if I could carry a pair of (cased) reading glasses or one legacy OM lens on an adaptor that would be a useful bonus.

I view protecting the camera from shock, dust and moisture as very important. I want the camera surrounded by something soft (no internal zippers or stiff Velcro in contact). I would prefer easy and quick access/return to the camera/lens.

Has anyone already discovered this version of the Holy Grail? If so, will you please share the make and model of your "wonder-bag"? A picture showing its custom-like fit will earn my undying gratitude!

Many thanks for the help,

George

I have such a bag, but it's a Crumpler knockoff, and I don't know the exact model number or brand. Have you looked at the smaller Crumpler bags?

I use a Domke F-5XA which takes the camera with lens and one telephoto ( either 45-200 or 100-300 will fit) and the pancake lens and other bits and bobs in two pockets.
Just about the smallest kit bag I could find.

George, first of all, I just love your analogy of the perfect camera bag being akin to the "ideal woman's shoe" - I've been looking for those ideal shoes since I was in 8th grade!:D And second - welcome to Serious Compacts! Although I'm afraid I can't really help you with a specific bag, there are some places that will make you a bag to suit your needs. You might check out Messenger Bags, Camera Bags, Laptop Cases, Travel Bags-Courierware Made in USA and don't hesitate to call them. Some people also seem to love the Timbuk2 Bags - Timbuk2

In the meantime, George, congrats on your new camera and when you stop back next time please stop in to the Welcomes and Introductions forum for a quick hello.;)

Doc, good for you for finding The Right Bag, while many are every searching. It does look as though it was just what the doctor ordered. :blush: Sorry, I just couldn't control myself. Seriously, it does look just right - with a nice shoulder strap, too.(y)

Back