Have you ever had this happen?

Jock Elliott

Hall of Famer
Have you ever had your camera do something inexplicable, something it has never done before and you can't get it to stop doing it?

Just a little while ago, I was shooting some pictures of an airgun for my weekly blog with my G12. I wanted to shoot a macro of the trigger, so I push the macro button on the 4-way controller.

Suddenly a display for "focus bracketing" popped up. I pushed the menu button and the func set button to make it go away, which it did, but a blanked-out "F" appeared at the side of the screen.

I couldn't get it to go away, and I didn't want to do a research project in the less-than-helpful manual. Finally, I resorted to "reset all," which made the "F" go away.

It was a weird experience, and I have a pretty good idea what the "F" stands for . . .

Cheers, Jock

My Leica M2... I left it in the kitchen once. When I returned, there was a fresh cup of tea sitting there...I have kept it away from the kettle ever since, just in case.

I unpacked some gear from a trip and left in on the floor. When I returned some time later, my pocket sized Gorillapod had somehow opened itself and sat up like it had a camera on it. I swear I never touched it, and that it was properly folded when I took it out.

Obviously, my gear is haunted.

Back