Feedback Having one of my old man moments with embedding YouTube

stillshunter

Super Moderator Emeritus
Name
Mark
This is insane, no way I wrangle the letters seems to work. Has something gone wrong with embedding YouTube videos?

I tried the push button way:
> Hit "Insert Video" button from toolbar
> Paste URL from YouTube "Share link"
…that creates gobbledygook on the message.
i.e.:
I paste full URL ("
") and da dah on screen comes:
******** class="restrain" title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/7bXJ_obaiYQ?wmode=opaque" frameborder="0">*********>
I paste short URL ("
") and here shows:
******** class="restrain" title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/7bXJ_obaiYQ?wmode=opaque" frameborder="0">*********>

I tried using the YouTube embed
******** width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/7bXJ_obaiYQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>*********>
and I create:
******** width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/7bXJ_obaiYQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen>*********>

I even tried pasting source BBCode and that does just creates more Daliesque patterns…:hmmm:

Thank you kind Sir.

When you reach my age you expect to follow the same procedure to achieve the same result - when this fails then I get nothing but muddled.
Like the other day when I needed to get to a place in front of me more quickly and tried to employ my "Run" function.
:hmmm: Rather than simply move forward with greater pace, there was all manner of sounds, movements in unassociated areas, bright visuals and a pain in the joints that remains still.

tell me about it. I tried employing that run maneuver the other day and suspect that someone replaced my 45 year old knees with those of a man twice my age. A cruel joke indeed, this aging. I wish we could start our lives as 85 year old men and continue to get younger until we finally become a soft, bouncy, crying baby.

tell me about it. I tried employing that run maneuver the other day and suspect that someone replaced my 45 year old knees with those of a man twice my age. A cruel joke indeed, this aging. I wish we could start our lives as 85 year old men and continue to get younger until we finally become a soft, bouncy, crying baby.
Yessiree Bob, you and I are of a similar vintage - go Gen-X! Growing more into our skins with some small structural issues. Hey here's a book you got to read from my all-time favourite author who has explored your idea of progressing the other way through life…

Amin: any shortcuts with this one, or are we looking at a larger problem with embeds?

For the reasons Nic mentioned above, posting the YouTube embed code won't work anymore. However, posting the URL to the YouTube page will automatically embed the video.

For example if you post this:
Code:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_LZ8LKM_vs
without the code tags gives you this:

Thanks Amin. :tup:

This is a change - as I tried this exact thing here and it didn't work….then. But now it's all hunky-dory on that thread. Which is great x2.
1. We have a working solution, and
2. I can keep thinking that I'm engaged with reality.

Now let me tell you what bothers me most about young people, it's that…..

Back