Haytor Quarry, Dartmoor from 2010 revisited with SEP2

grebeman

Old Codgers Group
It's another abysmal, dull grey and slightly damp day, so a revisit to some shots made in August 2010 at Haytor on Dartmoor using a GF1 and 15mm Voigtlander Super Wide-Heliar. These were processed using Silver Efex Pro 2, although it's interesting to see how close the results are to those images I processed at the time using whatever means was built into the photo editor then in use (Bibble Pro 5 for raw conversion). I recall a rather windy day (some shelter in the quarry) with changing light conditions, fast changing cloud cover and the odd passing shower.

1000245-b_w.jpg

1000260-b_w.jpg

1000268-b_w.jpg

1000269-b_w.jpg

1000271-b_w.jpg

1000272-b_w.jpg

1000273-b_w.jpg

Barrie

I like the last image best. The huge rock lunging up from the depths of the Earth ... good stuff Barrie.

Gary

PS- 80F yesterday dropping to the low 50's at night. Bright, warm and relatively cloudless.
G

PS- 80F yesterday dropping to the low 50's at night. Bright warm and relatively cloudless.
G

Hmm, 34 deg F and the intermittent light drizzle has become heavier and continuous since I posted, oh and at 15:00 hours (sunset is 16:54 hours, what's that?) I'd have needed a light on to engage in that old fashioned activity of reading a book. That might be my last weather observation, all too depressing, for me that is :(

Barrie

The second and the last are my favorites, but the whole series is very engaging. Nice work. Hope your weather improves soon. I'm in the sunbelt here in the U.S., and I still find winter depressing.

Thank goodness there are no people in these shots! :D

-Ray

Well spotted Ray. I was with a group so for the first shot, and others taken at that time, I was able to ask them not to walk into the shot and they kindly waited for me. For the others I had no such control, so for some of them a long wait was required until I could achieve a people free shot. Rather late in life, but I'm beginning to think it would be easier for me if I liked people a little better :laugh1:

Barrie

LOL ... I like people, 90%+ of the stuff I shoot has people ... but I still get a bit 'edgy' while waiting for all the people to clear for the few shots where people become a pita.

Thankfully it wasn't a bad place to chill out (have I ever used that phrase before?) and wait for the moment, for one or two shots that also combined with a shaft or two of sunlight, bonus :)

Barrie

Back