Hello. And a quick question

Discussion in 'Welcomes and Introductions' started by ellie, Sep 30, 2012.

1. ellie

ellie New to SC

Sep 30, 2012
    Hi, I bought a used x100 last week and I'm just getting to grips with it. I also bought an apple camera connection kit so that I can slot the card straight into my iPad 2 .... But nothing happens pictures should launch on the iPad but it doesn't . Am I missing something?
    Thanks in advance for any help, it's driving me crazy!

• Like Like x 2
  2. Crsnydertx

Crsnydertx SC Top Veteran

Jan 21, 2011
    Houston, TX
    Chuck
    Are you shooting RAW, JPEG, or RAW + JPEG?

• Like Like x 2
  3. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    welcome to the forum ellie. Sorry I don;t speak Apple, but Chuck has taken my only guess. I assume the iPad doesn't recognize the RAW format so that is my only. If you are shooting JPEG hopefully an Apple person can help you out.

• Like Like x 2
  4. Crsnydertx

Crsnydertx SC Top Veteran

Jan 21, 2011
    Houston, TX
    Chuck
    Luke, my experience is that the iPad may know it's dealing with a RAW image when uploading, but it won't open one unless you have a particular app installed - an app i don't have. On the other hand, if you're uploading RAW+JPEG, it will open the JPEG for viewing, editing, emailing, etc.

• Like Like x 2
  5. ellie

ellie New to SC

Sep 30, 2012
    I'm shooting jpg ... I'll try calling apple ... Thanks! Will post if I find a solution !

• Like Like x 1
  6. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    Sue
    Good idea, ellie, sounds like there is a problem with your iPad. Photos is supposed to open. If you had iPhoto for iPad, I think that would open instead. If you can get to an Apple store, it would be a good idea to take your iPad in for a Genius to have a look at.

From the Apple Store.

• Like Like x 2
  7. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    Welcome ellie and please report back! Can't wait to see some of your X100 photos soon! I've seen so many excellent images that have been post processed on an iPad, so hang in there!

• Like Like x 2
  8. christilou

christilou SC Hall of Famer

Jul 13, 2010
    Sunny Frimley
    Mine is a bit temperamental. Sometimes it works better if I already open up Photo and sometimes not. I also have to re-insert the card a couple of times usually but so far it does work eventually!

• Like Like x 2
  9. Briar

Briar SC All-Pro

Oct 27, 2010
    Scotland
    Karen
    Mine can be temperamental sometimes but not too often. Have you got a spare card to try?

• Like Like x 2
  10. ellie

ellie New to SC

Sep 30, 2012
    Thank you all for your help! I took the connector to the apple store and they swapped it out!
    I am now ready to go! Now I just have to master the x100 !
    Thanks again.

• Like Like x 1