Hello from a new member

Discussion in 'Help and Feedback' started by docfox, May 7, 2011.

1. docfox

docfox SC Regular

Apr 2, 2011
    Hatfield, PA
    I am a recent member of this site and of mu-43. I am also a recent purchaser of a micro 4/3 camera (a Panasonic G1 with 14-45mm) which I am just begining to learn. I expect to do a lot of "lens hacking" with this little EVIL, as it is almost perfect for that application. I have done some similar experiments in the original 4/3 format using an Olympus e-520. (See: http://fourthirdsphoto.com/images/Four Third Adaptors.pdf.) I will also enjoy using this small and light camera (with its kit zoom lens to) at antique car shows where I drool over the things I can't bring home to my garage.

I am a semi-retired mechanical and electronics engineer. While I no longer design, I continue to work at my "hobby job", writing articles and editing for a technical magazine, (Sound & Vibration). I have been an amature photographer for over 50 years and I still enjoy its challanges and changes. My first SLR used 3 1/4 by 4 1/4 inch cut film - it was my favorite camera during college (and is a little younger than me) - I still own it and it still functions! My basement darkroom hasn't seen much use since I started 'playing' with digital cameras.

This is clearly a good place to learn about the "new stuff" of photography from friendly people who share nicely! I would like to suggest that having a simple means to post PDF files would allow many of us to make better contributions to that process.

With best regards,

George Fox Lang (docfox)
    • Like Like x 1
  2. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    Welcome George and thanks so much for taking the time to tell us about yourself. Your avatar photograph is wonderful!

Your suggestion about the pdf file might be something that can be arranged, I'd like to ask you to post it over in the https://www.photographerslounge.org/f19/suggestion-box-24/ where it will be sure to be seen.

Very glad to have you here, George.:th_salute:
  3. bilzmale

bilzmale Super Moderator Emeritus

Jul 17, 2010
    Perth, Western Australia
    Bill Shinnick
    Hello George and welcome from Australia.
  4. Toonman

Toonman SC Regular

Hi George and welcome. :smile:
  5. Herman

Herman The Image Stimulator

Jul 11, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Hello George and welcome !
  6. christilou

christilou SC Hall of Famer

Jul 13, 2010
    Sunny Frimley