Hello from a Ricoh Lover

Discussion in 'Welcomes and Introductions' started by jorgeledesma, Jan 4, 2012.

1. jorgeledesma

jorgeledesma SC Regular

Jan 3, 2012
    Coral Gables
    Hello group,

I'm Jorge Ledesma, a small compact aficionado and lover of all things photography. If I had to choose a description I believe the masthead of my blog gives a description I like:

I write a personal blog about the intersection of life & photography with a focus on various genres including street, documentary and abstract photography

A good friend of Wouter Brandsma recommended I join and well here I am. I hope to contribute and also learn from everyone. I'm currently doing a Weekly Project 2012 again inspired and motivated by Mr. Brandsma.

What else, I loved the Ricoh GRD III and used it extensively here's my most seen image from Flickr of all time and you guessed its from the GRDIII

[​IMG]

Prior to this I also used the Nikon P700 which is a very capable digicam but too bulky for my taste and I ended up selling and going over to the M43 world. Below is an image from the P7000 I'm quite happy with.

[​IMG]

Going back to the Ricoh GRD III I wrote a post sometime last year titled "Shooting like Daido Moriyama in action" and I used this image to highlight the technique.

[​IMG]

And more recently although not taken with the GRDIII but instead with my current digicam the Lumix GF1 I took this one, off course inspired by the maestro Daido Moriyama.

[​IMG]

But, I think this forum will more than likely understand where I can from and my adoration of the Ricoh GRD III here are a couple of more frames.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Well, that's my introduction, glad to be here guys/gals. I'm looking forward to 2012. Wait, one more thing, I don't know why but I have this quintessential desire to own a Ricoh GX200, the idea of a small zoom is very appealing, notwithstanding that desire, I'm getting instead an LX5/LVF1 combo as my day to day kit, off course coupled with the GF1 and slew of manual lenses for special things.

Cheers,
    Jorge Ledesma

PS. my weapon of choice these days
    [​IMG]

• Like Like x 7
  2. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs SC Legend Subscribing Member

Sep 21, 2010
    Not too far from Philly
    you should be able to figure it out...
    Welcome Jorge - lots of the same people you know from MU-43.com, so you should feel right at home...

-Ray

3. Wouter Brandsma

Wouter Brandsma   S.C. Charter Member

Jul 7, 2010
    What a sound introduction Jorge. Good to see you here my friend!

4. Landshark

Landshark PhotoDog S.C. Charter Member

Jul 15, 2010
    SoCal
    Bob
    Welcome form SoCAl and another Ricoh shooter

5. sparth

sparth SC Regular

Oct 28, 2011
    seattle WA
    that's awesome, Jorge.

i've already seen quite a few, but it's good seeing even more.

s

6. olli

olli Super Moderator Emeritus

Sep 28, 2010
    Metro Manila
    olli
    Hello and welcome Jorge

7. Hauki

Hauki SC Regular

Dec 2, 2011
    Somerset, England
    What a great introduction, welcome aboard, look forward to seeing more of your images:smile:

8. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus S.C. Charter Member

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    Yes, Jorge, yours is a wonderful introduction - welcome to you from Miami, from me up here in cold New York! I'm so glad you came on over and look forward to your involvement across the forums. I believe you've also jumped into our Single In January, as well. Love your enthusiasm!:drinks:

9. Luke

Luke Super Moderator Moderator Subscribing Member Affiliate Patron

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    welcome aboard. Can I ask how your name is pronounced, so I'm not mispronouncing it in my head every time I read it? I know it's pronounced differently in different cultures and by different people and would like to get it right. Your street shots are impressive! Glad to see you are singling in, too. The gf1 is a frequent companion of mine.

10. stillshunter

stillshunter Super Moderator Emeritus

Nov 5, 2010
    Down Under
    Mark
    G'day from Australia mate :thumbup:

What an excellent introduction!!! Thanks for taking the time and trouble to offer us a carefully considered first step. A word of warning that comes from your intro:
    Careful the Fuji X10 images and users on here. They may try and sway you to their camp. And rightly so as it seems a great camera - especially with what you've described here! :wink:

Enjoy every minute with us here mate and every fraction of a second with whatever camera you have with you when each moment arrives!!

11. Lili

Lili SC Hall of Famer

Oct 17, 2010
    Dallas, TX
    Lili
    Howdy from Texas! Another Ricohphile here as well...

12. Isoterica

Isoterica SC Hall of Famer

Dec 6, 2011
    Welcome Jorge, you take some great photos!

13. bilzmale

bilzmale Super Moderator Emeritus S.C. Charter Member Subscribing Member

Jul 17, 2010
    Perth, Western Australia
    Bill Shinnick
    Hello and welcome Jorge - great B&Ws in your intro.

14. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    Sue
    Beautiful shots in your intro Jorge. Looking forward to seeing more. Welcome from Australia and another Ricohphile :)

15. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator Moderator

Jul 3, 2010
    Welcome, Jorge. Great to see you here! Wonderful selection of photos.

16. Petach

Petach SC All-Pro

Oct 22, 2011
    UK, Essex
    Peter Tachauer
    Wat'cha mate

As we say in cockney land......"wat'cha mate, how's it goin'?

Welcome to another GRD3 user. Sound choice. Look forward to seeing more posts.

17. Briar

Briar SC All-Pro

Oct 27, 2010
    Scotland
    Karen
    Welcome to Serious Compacts Jorge. Glad to have you join us here.

18. Phoenix

Phoenix SC Top Veteran

Dec 28, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Phoenix Gonzales
    Hi and welcome. Your photos look great!

19. Duane Pandorf

Duane Pandorf SC Top Veteran

Apr 25, 2011
    Western NC
    Glad to have you on board!

20. jorgeledesma

jorgeledesma SC Regular

Jan 3, 2012
    Coral Gables
    Thank you for such a warm welcoming, I really appreciate it. :)