Hello from a Scot in Germany

Discussion in 'Welcomes and Introductions' started by BigTam, Jun 23, 2011.

1. BigTam

BigTam SC Regular

Jun 23, 2011
    Dortmund, Germany
    Ron
    Greetings from Dortmund, home of the German Bundesliga champions! I'm a retired IT exec who takes photos of family, social events and travel - typical amateur snapshot level.

I hate badly exposed, badly framed or badly focussed photos, though, so I use a D7000 and just recently added an X100. Haven't really had a chance to use it yet, since I landed in hospital just after buying it :) - nothing serious ...

Very informative forum here, thanks to all for helping my decision

• Like Like x 4
  2. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    BigTam, I had a feeling you were a Scotsman.:wink: Thanks so much for taking up my invitation to introduce yourself and please get well soon - we're very glad to have you here!:flowers_2:

3. BigTam

BigTam SC Regular

Jun 23, 2011
    Dortmund, Germany
    Ron
    Austria, here we come (me and my X100!)

Thanks for the good wishes! I should be out by Tuesday, then practice a little. Then it' off to Carinthia (Kärnten) at the end of July. Hope to bring back some good photos!

4. Alf

Alf SC Top Veteran

Oct 11, 2010
    Northeastern Tuscany
    Welcome!

5. Armanius

Armanius Bring Jack back!

Jan 11, 2011
    Houston, Texas
    Jack
    You can take photos of the hospital! Or nurses! :rolleyes:

Welcome to the forum!

• Like Like x 2
  6. bilzmale

bilzmale Super Moderator Emeritus

Jul 17, 2010
    Perth, Western Australia
    Bill Shinnick
    Hello and welcome BigTam - funnily I too was in hospital when my X100 arrived. Hope your recovery is swift.

7. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus

Jul 12, 2010
    Philly, Pa
    Tam, welcome....
    Armando is on to something....
    Make pics of the nurses... I will review them along with my assistant Armando to make sure these here fine people can see them safely...

• Like Like x 1
  8. Armanius

Armanius Bring Jack back!

Jan 11, 2011
    Houston, Texas
    Jack
    I will be waiting for those photos. Please use super fine file sizes.:tongue:

9. BigTam

BigTam SC Regular

Jun 23, 2011
    Dortmund, Germany
    Ron
    Nurses?

Do you like photos of women with no make-up in baggy, unflattering dark-blue scrubs with rubber clogs? Just asking :)

Besides, I didn't have my X100 with me. At the moment, I'm still trying to find the best reason to convince my wife that it was a bargain ....

BTW, out of hospital now, everything OK.

• Like Like x 1
  10. BBW

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    Big Tam, I'm relieved to hear all is well!:thumbup:

The X100 is a bargain! Just add up how much a really good camera body with fantastic IQ and excellent lens costs!:biggrin:

11. BBW

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    Big Tam, I'm relieved to hear all is well!:thumbup:

The X100 is a bargain! Just add up how much a really good camera body with fantastic IQ and excellent lens costs!:biggrin:

12. retow

retow SC All-Pro

Jul 24, 2010
    Welcome. Tell your wife the alternative to the X100 would be a M8 with Summicron 28mm with no af, movie, panorama or different film modes. And she will consider you a smart shopper::biggrin: