Hello from Alaska

briarhopper

Rookie
I am probably going to be the most inexperienced poster on here. My Dad is a member here, snkenai, and I followed him over. He recently gave me an Olympus E-420, so that is what I am going to be learning with. My background is in cowboying, horse training, hunting and church ministry (strange combination, I know :)), with a lot of travel overseas. So, there has been an unusual opportunity to see rare beauty over the years but very little intrest in recording it. I welcome and ask for all advice and criticism that anyone might have to offer on anything I post. My purpose for being here is to learn.

Dewayne

Welcome, Dewayne - love both your avatar and your profile picture and can't wait to see more! Please make yourself at home and pull up a chair.:D

We've got a complete thread devoted to horses, among many other image threads. You're among friends here.

Welcome Dewayne. I'm a big fan of equine photography and I think you live in one of the most photographic states in the union. I look forward to seeing your shots. And never hesitate to post one you think is a dud. Sometimes all it needs is a crop or tweak. A lot of nice and experienced people here to help you along. Whenever you think you're done growing as a photographer, you may as well hang it up.

Thanks for the welcome, guys. For you folks in Australia, I will be coming through Brisbane on my way to PNG on March 5th. I've been to Oz several times and love it. Ollie, thank you, I wasn't sure about being ready for the circus, then realized you must have thought the mecate on the ground was a whip. It's just part of the jaquima, or a headstall with old arab / spanish roots. Luke, I did not know there was a section for equine photography, now I truly am hooked. :)

Welcome Dewayne! Congrats on the E420. That's a wonderful little DSLR. I used to have an E410, and enjoyed it very much. You are following on great footsteps! Looking forward to seeing your photos and chatting with you.

Back