Hello from Australia

Discussion in 'Welcomes and Introductions' started by Jules, Feb 3, 2012.

1. Jules

Jules SC Regular

Feb 3, 2012
    Bremer Valley, Australia
    Discovered the forum this week after purchasing a Fuji X10. This looks like a great site.

A little bit about me: I'm from sunny Queensland in Australia (although we've not had much of our trademark sunshine lately) and I'm a Canon user by trade with the 5DII being my weapon of choice. Of course a 5DII with a hunk of 50mm glass on the front of it is not exactly easy to squeeze into a handbag, so I decided to get something a little more compact for random daily photography. The X10 appealed to me with its image quality, handling and fast lens, not to mention the lovely retro styling. I think I'm going to have a lot of fun with this little camera.

Looking forward to joining in around here.

• Like Like x 2
  2. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    Welcome, Jules, from another Aussie. There are a few of us here... You are going to have a ball, and you're also going to enjoy being part of this forum. I promise that the denizens here will provoke more GAS attacks than anywhere else :) (not me, of course. *innocent*)
  3. Isoterica

Isoterica SC Hall of Famer

Dec 6, 2011
    Hi Jules! I was just an Aussie for two weeks.. but i had to go home [USA] anyway welcome, you'll like it here!
  4. Phoenix

Phoenix SC Top Veteran

Dec 28, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Phoenix Gonzales
    Hi and welcome Jules
  5. thekeddi

thekeddi SC Top Veteran

Aug 15, 2011
    South Australia
    Welcome!!! It's a lovely place to hang out with some really friendly and helpful people :) Another Aussie here too, Moonta SA!
  6. stillshunter

stillshunter Super Moderator Emeritus

Nov 5, 2010
    Down Under
    Welcome from the drier climes down south, Jules. Hope you're keeping dry right now (seriously!) and that, longer term, you come to really appreciate this forum as much as we all do. Looking forward to seeing some images from the X10, and whatever else in the SC arsenal you find yourself buying down the track...
  7. krugorg

krugorg SC All-Pro

Sep 26, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Kyle Krug
    Welcome Jules! Look forward to seeing some of your X10 images. :smile:
  8. bilzmale

bilzmale Super Moderator Emeritus

Jul 17, 2010
    Perth, Western Australia
    Bill Shinnick
    Hello Jules and welcome from a west coast Aussie.
  9. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    Jules, welcome from New York and thank you for starting off with your intro!

Looking forward to your involvement across the forums!:drinks:
  10. Briar

Briar SC All-Pro

Oct 27, 2010
    Hi Jules

Welcome to Serious Compacts! Looking forward to getting to know you and seeing some of your work.
  11. Jules

Jules SC Regular

Feb 3, 2012
    Bremer Valley, Australia
    Thanks for the warm welcome everyone. Great to see a strong Aussie presence too. :)
  12. TraamisVOS

TraamisVOS SC Hall of Famer

Nov 29, 2010
    Melboune, Australia
    Aye, we like small cameras it seems. Serious small cameras.
  13. Landshark

Landshark PhotoDog

Jul 15, 2010
    Welcome from SoCal