Hello from Chicagoland :)

Discussion in 'Welcomes and Introductions' started by Isoterica, Dec 7, 2011.

1. Isoterica

Isoterica SC Hall of Famer

Dec 6, 2011
    Hi, my name is Kristen, I generally go by "Isoterica" on the web. I am a newer hobbyist photographer, been shooting a couple years, collecting old cameras, now getting into the high end compact cameras too. Anyway I stumbled on this forum and really liked some of the articles on it.. and decided to join. :)

• Like Like x 10
  2. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus S.C. Charter Member

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    Kristen, welcome and thank you so much for jumping right in with your introduction and that heads up on the X10 being in stock via Amazon.:biggrin: I'm very glad you have joined us here and look forward to your involvement. Check out the Site Information section, if you haven't already.

3. bilzmale

bilzmale Super Moderator Emeritus S.C. Charter Member Subscribing Member

Jul 17, 2010
    Perth, Western Australia
    Bill Shinnick
    Hello and welcome Kristin - a lot of us here are collectors of both new and old cameras.

4. Briar

Briar SC All-Pro

Oct 27, 2010
    Scotland
    Karen
    Hi Kristen,

Welcome to Serious Compacts.

5. christilou

christilou SC Hall of Famer S.C. Charter Member

Jul 13, 2010
    Sunny Frimley
  6. Will

Will SC All-Pro

Aug 30, 2010
    England
  7. bartjeej

bartjeej SC Hall of Famer

Nov 12, 2010
    bart
    Welcome from the Netherlands!

8. jhawker

jhawker SC Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    Springfield, Illinois
    Isoterica

Hello and welcome from Springfield.
    Keep Eager.
    JH

9. krugorg

krugorg SC All-Pro

Sep 26, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Kyle Krug
    Welcome to the forum! Midwest is the best! :biggrin:

10. Isoterica

Dec 6, 2011
    Thanks everyone, and wow, I just got my new Ricoh GRD IV and my Fuji X10 fifteen minutes apart and my eyes [and hands] are zinging back and forth between them not sure what to do. I thought I would have a day between! :D

11. olli

olli Super Moderator Emeritus

Sep 28, 2010
    Metro Manila
    olli
    Hello and welcome Iso

12. Armanius

Armanius Bring Jack back!

Jan 11, 2011
    Houston, Texas
    Jack
    Welcome to the forum Kristen. Sounds like your dillema is quite a nice dillema to have -- two new cameras!!! :) Being a X10 owner, I'm biased when I say that the X10 is the best P&S ever made to this day. But keep us updated on your thoughts and experiences about both cameras.

I need to make another Chicago visit! Great place (except in the dead of winter)!

13. Andrewteee

Andrewteee SC All-Pro S.C. Charter Member

Jul 8, 2010
    Oh Isoterica, you have it bad :wink:

Welcome!

14. Isoterica

Dec 6, 2011
    Thanks Olli!

LOL Armanius! Believe me I can't afford to keep them both, one is rather heftily priced right now but I can not justify with the vacation coming up not getting one. It is great to be biased because I tell you I took that X10 out of the box and it feels amazing in hand. Since I want to do actual unboxings and review on them I did put it back till I have a moment but wow. I had to peek at the Ricoh too. I will post a link to my thoughts later. Most people cover specs and such so I think from a newer shooters perspective the notes I take on it might be helpful to other newer shooters.

Andrew I so have it bad! I have like 45 cameras from my DSLR that I started with to antiques, toys, instants.. but I have to say these two I have been dreaming about. Now it's time to see if my dreams came true!

• Like Like x 1
  15. Armanius

Armanius Bring Jack back!

Jan 11, 2011
    Houston, Texas
    Jack
    45 cameras!?!? Wow. I thought I had a lot. And you only started shooting a couple of years ago? That's so awesome!!! Glad to find another person with GAS! :)

I'm sure your dreams are coming true. But you'll have more dreams to realize soon enough! Like the X20. Or a GRD V. Hehehe.

16. Andrewteee

Andrewteee SC All-Pro S.C. Charter Member

Jul 8, 2010
    Have a favorite?

17. Isoterica

Dec 6, 2011
    Ohh my.. well maybe not yet as I have gotten the majority over the last year and not all are film tested. I know they work but it's a matter of time to indulge in each one and its aura. But.. I have my father's Minolta 35 Model II Rangefinder that he bought in Korea while he was in the Army which is very special to me and takes excellent pictures [110 & 135 lenses with vf too], also love my Yashicamat, Yashicamat 124G with the tele and wide lenses [I like medium format], Yashica Electro 35 GSN plus all the goodies.. but I'm just not sure yet. I also like my LCA+ to mention a smaller one. I started with a Canon Rebel XSi (450D) and now I not only am insanely into photography [mostly macro and street as both are intimate] but into gear acquisition.

18. Alf

Alf SC Top Veteran

Oct 11, 2010
    Northeastern Tuscany
    Welcome!
    Sent from my LG-E900 using Board Express

19. Isoterica

Dec 6, 2011