1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Hello from France

Discussion in 'Welcomes and Introductions' started by Sandrine, Sep 30, 2012.

1. Sandrine

Sandrine SC Rookie

Sep 30, 2012
    near Paris
    Hello,

I don't feel a proficient photographer because I haven't been practising seriously enough ever since I bought my camera. I join the forum thanks to (or because of^^) one of your members, Julien, who made me discover it during the May prompt challenge. I enjoyed following it and therefore Julien thought that I might like to try and participate to your latest challenge. So here I am. And I hope, not too erratically.
    My camera is a Sony nex-C3. At first I just wanted to be able to take night shots while travelling but I have come to enjoy having my camera with me even when I am taking a walk anywhere.

• Like Like x 3
  2. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    welcome. The best way to improve your photography is to shoot more. Or just view Julien's photos and dream of being better :wink:

I look forward to your participation in our joint challenge.

• Like Like x 2
  3. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    Sue
    Welcome, Sandrine... enjoy the challenge :)

• Like Like x 1
  4. bartjeej

bartjeej SC Hall of Famer

Nov 12, 2010
    bart
    Welcome to SC! I'm sure you'll learn a lot here, I know I did!

• Like Like x 1
  5. Isoterica

Isoterica SC Hall of Famer

Dec 6, 2011
    Welcome Sandrine! We're glad to have you here and joining us in our photo challenge too. Enjoy and no worries, do as much as you can, it's supposed to be fun!

• Like Like x 1
  6. krugorg

krugorg SC All-Pro

Sep 26, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Kyle Krug
    Welcome to the forum, Sandrine! It will be fun having you along for the challenge!

• Like Like x 1
  7. Phoenix

Phoenix SC Top Veteran

Dec 28, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Phoenix Gonzales
    Hi and welcome Sandrine

You got yourself a great travel camera for night shots. I used to shoot a lot with my NEX and mostly at night time, I look forward to yuor images.

• Like Like x 1
  8. Sandrine

Sandrine SC Rookie

Sep 30, 2012
    near Paris
    Thank you, everyone ! Enjoying myself is just what I intend to do.

If I do that too much, I think I'll just stop shooting because of frustration :wink:

9. KianO

KianO SC Top Veteran

Jun 27, 2012
    Geneva
    Salut Sandrine et bienvenue, je suis également un nouvel arrivant et me plaît bien par ici.

+K

10. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    I, too, am very glad to have you here Sandrine. I think you'll find that this is an extremely supportive group and there are a lot of very knowledgeable folks here too, so it's not all just "hot air".

Though I am not able to be around much right now, Serious Compacts is a great site and the challenges are really good for getting one to think differently. Welcome!

11. Briar

Briar SC All-Pro

Oct 27, 2010
    Scotland
    Karen
    Welcome to Serious Compacts Sandrine.