1. Reminder: Please user our affiliate links to get to your favorite stores for holiday shopping!

Hello from India

Discussion in 'Welcomes and Introductions' started by Boid, Dec 26, 2011.

1. Boid

Boid SC All-Pro

Dec 15, 2011
    Bangalore, India
    Rajiv
    Hi, I stumbled across this website quite by accident and have been lurking for a while. It seems like a great community and I would definitely like to be a part of it (if that's ok). I'm a practicing architect and hobbyist photographer, shooting currently with two cameras. A Lumix LX5 (its been a love/hate relationship for me with this camera, as I hate the JPG in camera processing) and the gorgeous Sony DSC R1 (a fixed lens APSC sensor camera which Sony yanked off the shelves as soon as they launched the Alpha DSLRs a few years ago).

Currently mulling over buying a X100 but am as yet undecided. I rely heavily on zooming in to compose images and the idea of not being able to do that is both exciting and a bit daunting.

Happy shooting everyone!

Some pictures I took of mostly buildings in Spain this October - http://www.flickr.com/photos/architected/sets/72157628574604471/

• Like Like x 3
  2. bilzmale

bilzmale Super Moderator Emeritus

Jul 17, 2010
    Perth, Western Australia
    Bill Shinnick
    Hello and welcome Boid. The X100 can be very beguiling but you do have to 'zoom with your feet'.

3. stillshunter

stillshunter Super Moderator Emeritus

Nov 5, 2010
    Down Under
    Mark
    G'day Boid. Welcome from Down Under mate. So how solid are you on buying the X100...not tempted by the X10? :wink:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Alf

Alf SC Top Veteran

Oct 11, 2010
    Northeastern Tuscany
    Welcome!

• Like Like x 1
  5. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    Bold, welcome to SC from me, over here in New York.:biggrin: I'm so glad you "de-lurked" and look forward to getting to know you and seeing some of your pictures.

Please make yourself at home. If you haven't seen this forum yet - Site Information - there's a lot of good information in there from how to use the gallery to posting images in the threads and more.:flowers_2:

• Like Like x 1
  6. Boid

Boid SC All-Pro

Dec 15, 2011
    Bangalore, India
    Rajiv
    It's the sensor, innit? ;)

Everything is just a stepping-stone to when "better-sense-loses-out-to-a-full-frame-Leica" sometime in the future, when I'm rich and haven't a care in the world! So for now the X100 with it's APS-C.

7. Boid

Boid SC All-Pro

Dec 15, 2011
    Bangalore, India
    Rajiv
    Thanks BBW. I shall diligently peek into the "site information" link. Thanks for having me. Keep up the good work!

8. Boid

Boid SC All-Pro

Dec 15, 2011
    Bangalore, India
    Rajiv
    That is precisely what I'm afraid of. Maybe I should just get the X100 and cancel the gym membership... hmm...

9. Landshark

Landshark PhotoDog

Jul 15, 2010
    SoCal
    Bob
    welcome, I had a job in Udaipur a couple of years ago, an amazing experience

• Like Like x 1
  10. drd1135

drd1135 SC Hall of Famer

Jul 13, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    Welcome. I spend about six weeks in Mysore a while back and did some touring around Karnataka. I have fond memories (and many pictures) of that part of the world.

• Like Like x 1
  11. Lili

Lili SC Hall of Famer

Oct 17, 2010
    Dallas, TX
    Lili
    Greetings Boid!

• Like Like x 1
  12. Xuereb

Xuereb SC Veteran

Nov 5, 2010
    W. Australia
    Boid, welcome. I only ever used the LX5 with raw and found it greatly rewarding.

• Like Like x 1