Hello from London

Discussion in 'Welcomes and Introductions' started by greyelm, Oct 1, 2011.

1. greyelm

greyelm SC Top Veteran

Oct 1, 2011
    London, England
    Hi, I'm Malcolm a.k.a. greyelm and I'm from South London almost outside the Greater London Boundary so I am close to the countryside. We are experiencing an unusual heatwave at the moment with temperatures around 27 deg C so it's a good opportunity to get out into that countryside and try and get some pictures of the Autumn colours.

I shoot mostly with my X100 but I also have a GF1 + 20mm f/1.7 and a number of Leitz LTM Cameras & lenses + adapter.

• Like Like x 4
  2. HeatherTheVet

HeatherTheVet SC All-Pro

Apr 23, 2011
    Scotland
    Heather
    Hi Malcolm, I heard all about the magical heatwave but it eluded us up in Glasgow today - it was fairly warm right enough but hard to tell through the heavy rain! And to top all that some lousy rotter beat us at rugby with 2 mins to the whistle so bundle of cheer it has not been today.

Get some photos u and dive in with the gang - the Weekly Challenge is always good fun.
    Heather

3. Ghosthunter

Ghosthunter boo! Subscribing Member

Sep 8, 2010
    London UK
    Andy
    Hi Malcolm. Where exactly are you? Sounds like you are very close to me. I'm just south of Croydon near Caterham and i work at Park Cameras in Burgess Hill.

4. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus S.C. Charter Member

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    Malcolm, a second welcome and a big thank you for stopping in to introduce yourself. Enjoy your weather...wait, I see the sun shining here where it's been raining for nye on to 40 days and 40 nights...an exaggeration, of course. I look forward to your involvement across the forums, Malcolm.:drinks:

5. Armanius

Armanius Bring Jack back!

Jan 11, 2011
    Houston, Texas
    Jack
    Welcome aboard Malcolm!

Here in Texas we get the upper 30's and low 40's type of heat wave. Plus 90% humidity. Quite pleasant actually. Not! :)

Looking forward to seeing lots of your photos!

6. gracefruit

gracefruit SC Regular

Jun 23, 2011
    central scotland
    Hi from rainy Stirlingshire!

7. olli

olli Super Moderator Emeritus

Sep 28, 2010
    Metro Manila
    olli
    Hello and welcome Malcolm.

8. P.H

P.H SC Regular

Apr 4, 2011
    Derby, UK
    Hi from the Midlands, I go to that London sometimes when I'm in need a cultural kick.

9. Briar

Briar SC All-Pro

Oct 27, 2010
    Scotland
    Karen
    Hi Malcolm, welcome to Serious Compacts from another Scot's lass. Glad to have you join us.

10. Will

Will SC All-Pro

Aug 30, 2010
    England
  11. Penny

Penny SC Veteran

Aug 26, 2010
    Outside Liverpool Uk
    Hi malcom from Liverpool, look forward to seeing some of your photo's.