1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Hello from Mumbai

Discussion in 'Welcomes and Introductions' started by Chrissearle23, Feb 1, 2013.

1. Hi,

I've joined Serious Compacts because I am in the process of transitioning from a DSLR biased approach towards compacts. This move has been catalysed by the Fuji X 100 and then more recently the Sigma DP2M. I've had a Ricoh GRD3 for a long time and then last year got a Powershot G1X, however these cameras were only ever adjuncts to my FF DSLR's. As I travel a lot ( my time is divided principally between Mumbai and the south of France, although I do visit the UK once a month or so) I have grown rather tired of the hassle of carting a big bag of bodies and lenses plus a tripod around and have recently taken the bold step of undertaking a trip to France without (gasp) a DSLR. What a revelation! With my X100, G1X and DP2M I'm pretty well covered and they all fit nicely in a bag that is too small for a FF DSLR body and Lens. Will I finally sell my DSLR stuff? I'm still deciding but it;s certainly gathering dust at the moment....

• Like Like x 2
  2. TraamisVOS

TraamisVOS SC Hall of Famer

Nov 29, 2010
    Melboune, Australia
    France and Dubai - hope to see some of your photos from those regions. Welcome!

3. pictogramax

pictogramax SC Top Veteran

Aug 18, 2011
    Belgrade, Serbia
    Yup, photos, please. And welcome!

4. bartjeej

bartjeej SC Hall of Famer

Nov 12, 2010
    bart
    Welcome from Holland! Looking forward to seeing some of your shots!

5. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    I've never been to Mumbai. Please show me what it looks like.

6. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    Sue
    Welcome, traveller :)

7. BillN

BillN SC Hall of Famer

Aug 25, 2010
    S W France
    Bill
    Mumbai, mate, not the Gulf State

I met a dentist from Mumbai last week in South Africa "on safari" - very nice guy - he was a vegetarian, so he reckoned that the Lions would not eat him - we are pretty close, (to the Lions that is - not him and me - he was on the back seat, we were at the front!)

before you ask - no it's not a joke

he was with his parents and sister - his sister lives in Ealing and works at the Institute of Art and Indian Culture in London

• Like Like x 2
  8. TraamisVOS

TraamisVOS SC Hall of Famer

Nov 29, 2010
    Melboune, Australia
    Dammit, I haven't been doing so well with my accuracy on this forum in the past couple of days.

9. BillN

BillN SC Hall of Famer

Aug 25, 2010
    S W France
    Bill
    never noted for your Geography down under!!!

I always preferred "games" any day

10. HeatherTheVet

HeatherTheVet SC All-Pro

Apr 23, 2011
    Scotland
    Heather
    Hi Chris, welcome to the team! I'm *hoping* to get back to India later this year, but it's likely to be Rajasthan. Really looking forward to seeing your photos, get a few up for us to see what you've been up to,
    Heather (Scotland)