Hello From Reading, Pa!

Discussion in 'Welcomes and Introductions' started by Glen Barrington, Nov 19, 2011.

1. Glen Barrington

Glen Barrington SC Rookie

Nov 19, 2011
    Reading, PA, USA
    I've been involved in photography for at least 40 years, I was a pro for a short while mostly weddings, but I didn't like it much, and now I'm in the computer business. Digital imaging is the best thing that ever happened to me photographically, I am a much better photographer now because digital has allowed me to slow down and work much more deliberatively.

i'm an Oly E30 User looking to simplify, I haven't been able to get "into" micro 4/3s or its current crop of competitors. They don't seem 'simpler' to me they just seem. . . mirrorless and viewfinderless. So I've been looking at the 'serious P&S' cameras like the Canon G12, and the Nikon P6000, BUT they still aren't 'quite' what I'm looking for. So for now, I find myself strongly attracted to Fuji X cameras, I will make a final decision in February of 2012. Until then, I will mostly lurk about, and contribute when I can, though I'm not one to allow a lack of knowledge get in the way of an opinion.

• Like Like x 1
  2. krugorg

krugorg SC All-Pro

Sep 26, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Kyle Krug
    Welcome to the forum, Glen!

3. Lili

Lili SC Hall of Famer

Oct 17, 2010
    Dallas, TX
    Lili
    Welcome Glen!

4. bilzmale

bilzmale Super Moderator Emeritus S.C. Charter Member Subscribing Member

Jul 17, 2010
    Perth, Western Australia
    Bill Shinnick
    Hello and welcome Glen - like you I came from the E-system and didn't gel with the Pens and have a liking for Fuji.

5. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus S.C. Charter Member

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    Glen, welcome aboard and thanks so much for taking the time to introduce yourself. Please make yourself at home. I think you'll find there are quite a few "old timers" here.

I'll look forward to your involvement and your decision regarding your smaller but serious compact.:smile:

6. Ray Sachs

Ray Sachs SC Legend Subscribing Member

Sep 21, 2010
    Not too far from Philly
    you should be able to figure it out...
    Welcome Glen, from right down the road in West Chester. There's a bit of a Philly area contingent around here. Unlike you, I have been able to get into m43 pretty heavily, but I'm also into the big brother / little brother X100 / X10 (or maybe one or both are sisters?) and a Ricoh GRD3 as well. There are some great little cameras out there today, all with slightly different strengths and weaknesses...

-Ray

7. Alf

Alf SC Top Veteran

Oct 11, 2010
    Northeastern Tuscany