Hello from South Australia

Discussion in 'Welcomes and Introductions' started by jerryatsc, Jan 8, 2012.

1. jerryatsc

jerryatsc SC Rookie

Jan 8, 2012
    Hi all,
    Probably like a number of people do, I have been reading this forum for a few months and like the 'feel' of it so have finally joined.
    I love photography but am a complete amateur at it and am learning from this forum and others.
    I have a few cameras that I seem to have collected over time and the digital ones are as follows: my old SLR - a Canon EOS 1000d which hardly ever gets used, my compact camera - a Panasonic Lumix DMC FT2 - I don't think it qualifies as a serious compact but I like it and have taken some of my favourite photos with it, and my 'serious compacts' I guess, a Sony NEX5 and a Fuji X100 (which is in at Fuji at the moment hopefully getting fixed under warranty - not sure when I will get it back).
    Since getting the Sony (initially because of the size of it - it is so much easier to travel with than my SLR), I have really just about stopped using the Canon SLR.
    I like photography for travel and am really interested in street photography but have only been game enough to take a few shots so far.

Cheers,
    Jerry

• Like Like x 2
  2. PeterB666

PeterB666 SC Top Veteran S.C. Charter Member

Greetings Jerry, there are a lot of Australians here. Post some photos and engage in the dialogue.

Cheers

Peter

• Like Like x 1
  3. jerryatsc

jerryatsc SC Rookie

Jan 8, 2012
    Hi Peter,
    Thanks. I posted a photo in the cats thread and here's one of my street shots:
    <a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/35385769@N00/6656009357/" title="eyeballing by jerryatflickr, on Flickr">[​IMG]"500" height="333" alt="eyeballing"></a>

Should probably put it in the correct forum topic but I am a bit of a beginner.

Cheers,
    Jerry

• Like Like x 1
  4. Phoenix

Phoenix SC Top Veteran

Dec 28, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Phoenix Gonzales
    Hi and welcome Jerry.

5. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus S.C. Charter Member

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    Jerry, welcome aboard! I haven't seen your cat picture yet, but will head over to take a look see!

The photo you've added her can also be added into the Street Photography image forum, where you can add it (or any other picture you'd like) to the sticky https://www.photographerslounge.org/f21/street-photography-image-thread-23/ or begin your own. No problem with including this one here with your introduction. Speaking of which that's quite the look it seems you were getting from that one fellow - and then couple it with the "Terrorizer" written across the back of one of his pal's jean jackets, that's a pretty intense scene!

Very glad to have you here, Jerry and thank you for taking the time to introduce yourself. I don't think you're as much of a beginner as you think you are.:wink:

6. PeterB666

PeterB666 SC Top Veteran S.C. Charter Member

Cute cat. My cat was cute the day I got him; then he figured out how to run the place.

As for the street shot, with that bunch I can imagine some level of trepidation, but under the scary exteriors, I bet they are really a bunch of softies and liked being photographed.

• Like Like x 1
  7. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus S.C. Charter Member

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    Good observations about both, Peter.:biggrin:

8. Hauki

Hauki SC Regular

Dec 2, 2011
    Somerset, England
    Welcome aboard, Look forward to seeing more of your images:smile:

9. stillshunter

stillshunter Super Moderator Emeritus

Nov 5, 2010
    Down Under
    Mark
    G'day from further North....closer to our Hallow Capital of Canberra.

Great to have you on-board and look forward to more of your posts and photos....as these first samples are excellent!!! :thumbup:

10. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    Sue
    Hiya Jerry...another welcome from another Aussie :)

11. thekeddi

thekeddi SC Top Veteran

Aug 15, 2011
    South Australia
    Hi Jerry!!!

From Moonta Sa here, welcome to the forum, it's a great place to hang out :)

12. jerryatsc

jerryatsc SC Rookie

Jan 8, 2012
    Thanks for all the warm welcomes everyone - looks like there's a few locals (to me) here. I am looking forward to being more active in this forum.
    Following the encouragement I will try and post a few photos of my venture into street photography.

Cheers,
    Jerry

13. DownUnderDog

DownUnderDog SC Regular

A big welcome from another "aussie". I have just completed a delightful six weeks tour of South Australia. Even went to Moonta where "thekeddi" hails from. Lovely part of the world. Look in my gallery for some images.
    Cheers
    DUD

• Like Like x 1