Hello from South Dakota!

Discussion in 'Welcomes and Introductions' started by sdmom, Feb 6, 2012.

1. sdmom

sdmom New to SC

Feb 6, 2012
    Black Hawk, SD
    We live on the edge of the black hills, just 20 minutes from Mt. Rushmore and 45 minutes from the badlands. Gorgeous country!

My only camera currently is a Lumix DMC FZ30. I want to upgrade to a smaller (though this one is smaller than the SLR's I've had!) camera eventually, but for now it still takes great photos!

I don't get out to do a lot of photography as much right now what with homeschooling my kids, but I still love it when I get the chance! Very happy to be here! :smile:
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Briar

Briar SC All-Pro

Oct 27, 2010
    Hi, welcome to Serious Compacts!

Black Hills of Dakota, you know I've now got Doris Day singing loudly in my head!

Looking forward to getting to know you and seeing pictures of your side of the world.
  3. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    You live in one of the most scenic areas of the country. When we visited there a couple years ago, I was shooting with the Panasonic FZ35. You may consider the micro4/3 cams, specificly the Panasonics since you are already familiar with their menus and the way their cameras work. Their gf series of cameras have great IQ in a small package. Welcome to the group and good luck in your search.
  4. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    And an official welcome from me over here on the east coast of New York, sdmom. Can't wait to see your pictures - whether their inside your home or outside in that beautiful country.:biggrin:
  5. bartjeej

bartjeej SC Hall of Famer

Nov 12, 2010
    welcome from the very flat and green (well, white now with the snow) Netherlands! Looking forward to seeing your shots :smile:
  6. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    You got me back into looking through my old SD photos. I should revisit the originals now that I have gotten better at processing. I'll see the badlands in a whole new light.
  7. Armanius

Armanius Bring Jack back!

Jan 11, 2011
    Houston, Texas
    Welcome aboard SDmom! You must be the first South Dakota member we have. Special!
  8. HeatherTheVet

HeatherTheVet SC All-Pro

Apr 23, 2011
    Hello from Scotland! I've been invited on the Bigfoot ride a few times but have never managed to go over - plus it's FREEZING!
  9. bilzmale

bilzmale Super Moderator Emeritus

Jul 17, 2010
    Perth, Western Australia
    Bill Shinnick
    Hello sdmom and welcome from sunny Australia.
  10. olli

olli Super Moderator Emeritus

Sep 28, 2010
    Metro Manila
    Hello and welcome.
  11. thekeddi

thekeddi SC Top Veteran

Aug 15, 2011
    South Australia
    Hi from Australia!!! :2thumbs: I love this place because people are from everywhere and we all get on so well :)
  12. Alf

Alf SC Top Veteran

Oct 11, 2010
    Northeastern Tuscany