Hello from South Korea

jeffdfree

Name
Jeff Freeman
Hey everyone,

I just wanted to say hello. I just found this group recently and I'm really liking it. So, I guess a little info about me is in order.

I'm in the military currently stationed in Korea. I have been traveling a lot here and have put a lot of photos on my Flickr page. I usually shoot with a D7000, but recently picked up a Panasonic LX7 and have been playing with it a lot. I love my big DSLR, but it's a pain to carry all the time, especially during Korean summers.

I am also putting together a photography web site that I think fits good with this forum. The site is going to be called "Awesome Family Photos" and is focused on teaching regular people how to get better family pictures with out having to learn all the technical aspects. For instance, how to get the most out of the auto and scene modes. Not everyone has the desire or time to learn all the manual stuff, but they still want better results. I will post a link in the appropriate thread when it is ready.

I'm going to add a few pics to the LX7 forum also.

Thanks for putting all this together. It is hard to find anything on the web that isn't all about DSLRs.

Jeff,

Welcome to the forum. Been a long time since my 13 month stint in S Korea. I really enjoyed that tour. I didn't have a camera back then so I'm looking forward to your pics

Jeff, welcome aboard! Please consider adding a link to your signature line with a link to your Flickr stream. Looking forward to your involvement here and your photos.:drinks:

Thanks for the warm Welcome everyone. I can't add a link until I have 10 posts, so I put it in the signature with some spaces in it. You'll have to remove the spaces for it to work.

Hi Jeff and Welcome - apparently there is a very rare Woodpecker, Tristram's Woodpecker, in North Korea only found there and it may go extinct soon as apparently they are short of food "up there" - I believe that they are starting trips there to see it

Back