Hello from Spain

Discussion in 'Welcomes and Introductions' started by Neil, Nov 20, 2010.

1. Neil

Neil SC Rookie

Sep 7, 2010
    am reposting my hellos as I put it in the wrong place originally,.............am an englishman living here in spain new to digitalcameras but not to photography,have been using photoshop 7 for a while though after scanning in my negatives.Have just bought my first digital camera,a ricoh gx100,as much for its faults as for its well known plusses.These are a couple of my first photos with it,different from those I originally posted...........:smile:

• Like Like x 4
  2. Herman

Herman The Image Stimulator S.C. Charter Member

Jul 11, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Herman
    Hello Neil, welcome here. I'm from Holland. Thanks for sharing your great photos with us.

3. olli

olli Super Moderator Emeritus

Sep 28, 2010
    Metro Manila
    olli
    Hello and welcome Neil.

4. bilzmale

bilzmale Super Moderator Emeritus S.C. Charter Member Subscribing Member

Jul 17, 2010
    Perth, Western Australia
    Bill Shinnick
    Hello Neil and welcome.

5. Neil

Neil SC Rookie

Sep 7, 2010
    Thankyou very much Herman,Olli and Bizmale for the welcome.Thanks for commenting on the photos Herman,glad you liked them..........Ive decided to come over to digital after being ,for some thirty odd years,exclusively a film user to the point of digital blindness.Im so enjoying the gx100,what a great camera,my plan at the moment is to eventually trade up to a gxr system especially if they bring out a module for leica lenses.But thats a while away......

• Like Like x 3
  6. Herman

Herman The Image Stimulator S.C. Charter Member

Jul 11, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Herman
    Hey Neil, thanks. This forum is "connecting people" thus Spain with Holland. I grew up with film, now I'm "digital". The Ricoh GXR system looks great to me too!

7. Mal

Mal SC Veteran

Sep 23, 2010
    Liverpool / UK
    Good to see you in SC's.....

8. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator Moderator

Jul 3, 2010
    Neil, good to see you again!

9. summerkl

summerkl SC Veteran

Oct 11, 2010
    Vancouver, Canada
    Kevin
    Welcome, looking forward to seeing your images :)

10. christilou

christilou SC Hall of Famer S.C. Charter Member

Jul 13, 2010
    Sunny Frimley
    Hi Neil, nice pics! Lots to photograph in Spain, lucky you :)

11. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus S.C. Charter Member

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    Neil, thanks so much for coming in here for your "official" intro thread and for posting two more of your pictures, as well. I can see the film influences in your digital pictures.:flowers_2: The Ricoh cameras are very impressive. I am so glad you've joined us here at Serious Compacts.:biggrin:

12. Neil

Neil SC Rookie

Sep 7, 2010
    Thanks Mal and summerkl,Amin its good to see you too,I can see youve been busy,fascinating stuff,thankyou bbw and christilou youre right,spain is a beautiful place although I often miss the english winter believe it or not.

• Like Like x 2