Hello from The Netherlands

Discussion in 'Welcomes and Introductions' started by pniev, Jun 10, 2013.

1. pniev

pniev Student for life

Jun 10, 2013
    Hello, I am Peter and I do live in the Netherlands. Some of you may know me from the FujiXspot forum. I recently became aware of this forum. I am eager to improve as a photographer and to learn as much as possible from you. I like travel, macro, and nature (my wife tries to keep me away from flowers and other little things ;-) ). Perhaps even more important, I'd like to interact with friendly people in a friendly setting about a common passion!

A bit about my photographic history. My last analog camera was the Nikon F-801. My last DSLR was a Nikon D200. That camera brought me to some special places including Monument Valley and Wadi Rum desert. That seems like ages ago, so I included 2 shots in vintage lookL

After getting tired of carrying around a DSLR with extra battery grip and heavy lenses, the Fuji X10 became an intermediate camera. That camera brought me to France:

Then I was fortunate to win a Fuji X20, which is a great camera. Two shots I took in Antalya, Turkey.

More recently - after an extensive comparison between Nikon D800, Fuji x-pro1, and Fuji X-E1 - I became the proud owner of an x-pro1 with 18-35-60mm lenses (yes, I should have waited for the deals!!). The camera is really fun to use, especially in manual mode! My first trip was to the Keukenhof in the Netherlands.

Thanks for looking and I am looking forward to interacting with and learning from you,

2. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Peter, welcome to Serious Compacts. While there are some here who like to champion their favorite camera brand here, you'll find this group is much more brand agnostic than most. In the end it's about the photographs.....and yours look great. Make yourself at home.
  3. serhan

serhan SC All-Pro

May 7, 2011
    Excellent shots. Welcome to SC!
  4. Isoterica

Isoterica SC Hall of Famer

Dec 6, 2011
    Welcome to SC, Peter. Beautiful images by the way.
  5. bartjeej

bartjeej SC Hall of Famer

Nov 12, 2010
    Welcome to this side of the family, Peter! :smile: nice pics!
  6. bilzmale

bilzmale Super Moderator Emeritus

Jul 17, 2010
    Perth, Western Australia
    Bill Shinnick
    Welcome Peter - some impressive work you have displayed.
  7. pniev

pniev Student for life

Jun 10, 2013
    Thanks for your kind words!
  8. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    Peter, I'm so embarrassed! I never posted here on your official intro thread.:redface: Clearly, I'm glad you found your way here.:drinks: