Hello from Winnipeg, Canada

Discussion in 'Welcomes and Introductions' started by Lumiere, May 23, 2011.

1. Lumiere

Lumiere New to SC

May 23, 2011
    Hi all,

I am from Winnipeg, in the center of Canada and have been involved with photography for the last 30+ years. Mainly self taught during high school and university I learned photography, composition and darkroom work. I eventually was the manager of a local speciality camera shop and taught some on the side.

During that time I have used Minolta X-700's, Contax RTS II and 167 with very nice Zeiss glass and most recently Pentax K-10 and K-7. I have always had a better than average compact to carry but now have a NEX-5 and a C/Y adapter for the Zeiss lenses.

For the last 15 years or so I have been doing a lot of photomicrography as part of my job, but only in the last few years have I gotten back to doing personal work. It is hard to photograph your family and life through a microscope! The NEX has really started the creative juices flowing again.

• Like Like x 3
  2. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus S.C. Charter Member

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    Lumiere, thanks so much for your intro - and for making me laugh as I think, sometimes, my own family feels they're under my own version of a photographic "microscope".:wink:

I'm very glad to welcome you here and can't wait to see what you've been up to with those cameras, especially with your creative juicer - that is your NEX!

3. olli

olli Super Moderator Emeritus

Sep 28, 2010
    Metro Manila
    olli
    Hello Lumiere. Welcome to SC.

4. HeatherTheVet

HeatherTheVet SC All-Pro

Apr 23, 2011
    Scotland
    Heather
    Hi Lumiere! All the best people have an NEX :)

5. Armanius

Armanius Bring Jack back!

Jan 11, 2011
    Houston, Texas
    Jack
    Welcome aboard Lumiere!!

6. andrewh973

andrewh973 SC Regular

Mar 13, 2011
    NYC metro are
    Hello, and welcome, Lumiere!

7. Herman