1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Hello, I just joined

Discussion in 'Samsung Forum' started by brianj, Oct 14, 2011.

1. brianj

brianj New to SC

Oct 13, 2011
    Australia
    Just found out about these forums where people are interested in smaller fixed lens cameras, I have had the EX1 for just over a year and realy like it.

You can see some of my images over at the other forums, hope it is ok to post this link here: brianj: Galleries: Digital Photography Review

Hopefully I will be able to join into some discussions.

Brian

• Like Like x 2
  2. snake

snake SC Regular

Oct 4, 2011
    Hey Brian!

3. brianj

brianj New to SC

Oct 13, 2011
    Australia
    Thanks for telling me about this forum, it seems more focussed on photography.

Brian

• Like Like x 2
  4. snake

snake SC Regular

Oct 4, 2011
    I think you're right. I got my minus invite from Herman on here, so it's been incredibly helpful so far. I don't make a secret of enjoying that big site's Ricoh forum, and luckily, some of that same approach is here.

5. bartjeej

bartjeej SC Hall of Famer

Nov 12, 2010
    bart
    Hi brian! I've seen you (and talked to you a bit) on DPR, nice to see you here as well!
    Like you said, the focus here is more on photography, less on gear, and especially less venomous than what can sometimes be seen on DPR...

6. Briar

Briar SC All-Pro

Oct 27, 2010
    Scotland
    Karen
    Welcome to SC Brian!

7. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    brianj, welcome to Serious Compacts and, of course, it's OK to link to your photographs on dpreview or any other place you store them! I look forward to making my way through your gallery - right now I'll just say that your "Roots" image is so wild and the colors are of the water coursing their way over the tree's roots are intensely beautiful. I feel as though I can hear that river rushing...and, yet, still feel the silence of its quiet. Beautifully seen, brianj.

We do try to focus on photographic images here, but I'd be lying if I didn't admit to the occasional G.A.S. attacks:wink:....and we also encourage discussions and questions of the technical nature too. Please make yourself at home. I thank snake for his invitation to you, and look forward to getting to know you and your involvement here at SC. Thanks so much for stopping in here first to introduce yourself.:th_salute:

• Like Like x 1
  8. bilzmale

bilzmale Super Moderator Emeritus

Jul 17, 2010
    Perth, Western Australia
    Bill Shinnick
    Hello and welcome to the friendliest corner of the WWW, Brian.

9. Armanius

Armanius Bring Jack back!

Jan 11, 2011
    Houston, Texas
    Jack
    Welcome Brian!!

10. brianj

brianj New to SC

Oct 13, 2011
    Australia
    Thanks for the welcome everyone.
    To BBW, that roots image is from Litchfield NP in Northern Territory Australia, at a place called Buleys Hole.

Brian

• Like Like x 1
  11. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    Many thanks, Brian - it's a beauty!