Hello

Discussion in 'Welcomes and Introductions' started by bonyari, May 3, 2011.

1. bonyari

bonyari SC Regular

May 2, 2011
    I use a Canon 5D as a main body, will downgrade it to a 50D (well, not sure if it's a downgrade or an upgrade). With Canon, I shoot mostly from 24-135mm range. And yes, I used to snort at the NEX when I saw it at Target a year ago. Such a tiny flimsy body with a huge & seemingly awkward lens (18-55). I shoot mostly landscape and flowers, after hiking around carrying big L lenses and tripod, I was sold on the idea of getting a smaller & light weight kit.

Then I saw the images posted by this photographer phillber over in Fredmiranda site using Zeiss lenses on his NEX. His words "tiny camera with tremendous image quality" pushed me over the fence and I picked the NEX 5 + 2 lenses kit. For the past few days, I kept being impressed by the performance of the camera. It takes some getting adjusted too (coming from using the optical viewfinder) but it's a joy to use now.

It's an awesome camera with "tremendous potential". If I didn't have the 135 f2L, I probably would not have kept the DSLR kit. :)

This forum seems to be the best of all the new forums and I hope to learn/share what I find about this camera. :)

• Like Like x 2
  2. olli

olli Super Moderator Emeritus

Sep 28, 2010
    Metro Manila
    olli
    Bonyari, welcome to Serious Compacts and congratulations on the new camera. There are quite a few NEX users here so welcome to that gang too. We'll look forward to seeing your images here in due course.

3. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus S.C. Charter Member

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    bonyari, welcome to Serious Compacts! Thanks so much for jumping right in and posting in response to Heather's questions re the 18-55 third party lenses and for your photos, too. That tulip is lovely.

4. Alf

Alf SC Top Veteran

Oct 11, 2010
    Northeastern Tuscany
    Welcome!

5. Will

Will SC All-Pro

Aug 30, 2010
    England
  6. Herman

Herman The Image Stimulator S.C. Charter Member

Jul 11, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Herman
    Hello and welcome here from Holland.

7. Lili

Lili SC Hall of Famer

Oct 17, 2010
    Dallas, TX
    Lili
    Herzliche Wilkommen!!!

8. bonyari

bonyari SC Regular

May 2, 2011
    Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. :) Looking forward to see some sweat stains on the camera. :D

• Like Like x 1
  9. bilzmale

bilzmale Super Moderator Emeritus S.C. Charter Member Subscribing Member

Jul 17, 2010
    Perth, Western Australia
    Bill Shinnick
    Hello bonyari and welcome to the forum.