1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Helloooo

Discussion in 'The Watering Hole' started by Dewi Sant, Oct 28, 2014.

1. Dewi Sant

Dewi Sant SC Veteran

Dec 20, 2013
    Lancashire, England
    Guess?
    Hi folks, apologies for not being around here for a while - it must be a while, the forum name has changed! The last few months have been something of a mixed bag and I've just not had any time to devote to photo taking. After the summer road trips I had a couple of months of ill health which meant I couldn't walk too far, then I spent a while helping my lad do a few things around his house - he bought the place 3 years and only just got around to doing somethnig with it.

I've also been hunting for another car - some of you may recall I had the red Mazda MX5 (Miata for our American cousins). Well that's gone after a wee debacle with Mazda over a faulty powered roof. There was still a month's warranty left on it but they refused to repair it leaving me with a potential bill of about £1400, so I got rid via one of those "We buy your Car" websites. They gave me a surprisingly good offer for it - more than I was offered in part exchange. Anyway, I now have an older car - a 2006 BMW Z4, I like my soft tops. It was a bit older than I ideally wanted but I couldn't resist this one, it's got just 19.5k miles on it at 8 years old and is in quite a rare colour!

I'm hoping to get out taking photos again soon and hopefully start taking a more active role on the forum again.

The new girl:

• Like Like x 3
  2. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    welcome back, Dewi. That Z4 is freaking HOT!

3. Gubrz

Gubrz O.* Gonzo's & Bentley's Dad

Jun 5, 2012
    Austin, TX
    Eliot
    ohlala
    i likadacolor!

4. drd1135

drd1135 SC Hall of Famer

Jul 13, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    Very nice. I always liked the looks of the Z4.

5. KillRamsey

KillRamsey SC Hall of Famer

Jun 20, 2012
    Cambridge, MA
    Kyle
    Oh that looks like fun.

6. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    I forgot to mention that the rest of both photos look great, too. Well staged....the clouds in the first are great, and I love the colors and the steeple in the second.

Still, I want a racing harness and to test the rollbars by getting sideways on a racetrack!

7. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    Sue
    Yikes, I could have that as a midlife crisis car!! Gorgeous (oh wait... midlife was many years ago.. damn.) Excellent shots, showing a really lovely car!

8. Dewi Sant

Dewi Sant SC Veteran

Dec 20, 2013
    Lancashire, England
    Guess?
    Thanks folks - glad you like the new girl. She fits in the garage well too. As a plus the weather here in Lancashire has been quite nice of late so we've managed to get out for some airy top down runs. Today I picked up a mate who's just had an op on his hand so can't drive and we took off for the Lower Barn Cafe at Rivington. Apple pie and a cup of strong tea - lovely it was :smile:

9. Petach

Petach SC All-Pro

Oct 22, 2011
    UK, Essex
    Peter Tachauer
    Boo hoo.....I hate you!

I had a couple of Z4's. A grey low miler Mk1 and a bright red/cream leather tin folding top which I had to give up to transport any two of 7 grand children around now and again. I still wake up sobbing for my loss.

Enjoy, enjoy ....enjoy.

• Like Like x 1
  10. pniev

pniev Student for life

Jun 10, 2013
    Good to see you back! And I agree, soft tops are fantastic... if you avoid parking places under trees. ;-)
    Weather looks good in England for this time of the year.
    We had a fantastic convertible-summer here.

• Like Like x 1