1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Help. Can't Post image in a thread

Discussion in 'Help and Feedback' started by kathyh, May 29, 2011.

1. kathyh

kathyh SC Top Veteran

Jul 13, 2010
    Ottawa, Canada
    Kathy
    I am trying to post a picture in a reply to a thread. When I click on 'my photos' I get the gallery of my photos. When I click on the photo I want to insert I get sent to the front page and the image link does not appear in the post. Any suggestions as to what's gone wrong.

2. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    Kathy, are you trying to post in a regular thread? I'm a little unclear what you mean by
    When you say "get sent to the front page" - you don't mean you're trying to post in one of the Front Page forum's threads, do you?

3. kathyh

kathyh SC Top Veteran

Jul 13, 2010
    Ottawa, Canada
    Kathy
    I was trying to post in the A-Z thread. I had uploaded an image to my gallery. In the reply to thread box I clicked 'my photos' and all my images were there in their new little window. When I clicked on the image I wanted to insert, instead of copy the url to the reply, all my images disappear and I have been redirected to the front page with in the images window. I hope this makes it clearer. I clearly have done something , somewhere since no one else is having a problem but haven't the faintest idea what it could be.

4. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    Hmm, let me see if I can call out some help from one of our technical wizards. This is your normal mode of posting your photos, so clearly something is awry.

5. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Jul 3, 2010
    Kathy, has this method of posting images worked for you before on this site using the same browser you are now using? In the meanwhile, while I am trying to figure out the problem, you should be able to post an image by copy/pasting the code provided under your image in the gallery.

• Like Like x 1
  6. kathyh

kathyh SC Top Veteran

Jul 13, 2010
    Ottawa, Canada
    Kathy
    Most of the photos I've posted here have used this method with the same computer (IMac) and latest version of Safari. This just started happening yesterday.

7. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus

Jul 12, 2010
    Philly, Pa
    Kathy,
    Try signing off the forum. Then clear your cache.
    Then sign on again. I think that may work.
    Don

• Like Like x 3
  8. kathyh

kathyh SC Top Veteran

Jul 13, 2010
    Ottawa, Canada
    Kathy
    Just did as Don suggested and was able to post a picture. Thanks a whole bunch.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus

Jul 12, 2010
    Philly, Pa
    Awwww shucks Kathy,
    Ya made my day....