Help: RX 100 M4 Panorama mode not working

Discussion in 'Sony RX100 Forum' started by Bob Minion, Jul 13, 2016.

1. Bob Minion

Bob Minion New to SC

Jul 13, 2016
    Hi,

I recently bought an RX 100 M4 based on its positive reviews. Now that I am exploring the cameras features, I constantly ran into the issue that the camera is not able to take panoramic pictures.

I have tried vairous settings for "Direction of movement" and picture size but nothing seem to help.
    Most of the time I get the error: "Move straight in direction of arrow" I can't say how often I tried it, if set to Right, I move the camera to the right, if set to Left, I move it to the left etc. but so far without success.

Sometime, when I ran out of patience, and moved the camera quickly, I got of course the message, "Move camera slowly"

Summary is: I have not been able to take a single panoramic shot.
    This is a $1000 camera. The fact that something so simple is not working on a high end piece of equipement frustrates me.

Is there anybody out there in this forum who has some advice? Could this be a software issue for which an update exists?

Any help is much appreciated.

Best regards,
    Bob Minion

2. bilzmale

bilzmale Super Moderator Emeritus

Jul 17, 2010
    Perth, Western Australia
    Bill Shinnick
    Hello Bob and welcome to the Lounge. I just googled THIS and hope you might find an answer.

3. mattia

mattia SC Regular

Dec 20, 2013
    I assume you're moving the camera in the direction of the arrow on the screen, right (just checkin)?

Other question - what lighting conditions are you trying this in? The camera (at least the mark 1) will need enough light to shoot a 1/500 second exposure. Also try your first panos on distant subjects without too much in the foreground to cause parallax problems. It does take a little practice, and it's not as slick and simple as, say, an iPhone, but I do find it works reasonably well. For optimum quality, however, I just shoot a series of overlapping frames and combine them myself in post. Better results overall.

• Like Like x 1