1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Help! Someone wants to buy a Flickr photo of me!

Discussion in 'The Watering Hole' started by Vidar, Jun 25, 2015.

1. Vidar

Vidar SC Veteran

Oct 25, 2010
    Bergen, Norway
    Vidar
    Hi! Was not sure where to post this.. I need some help please. I got a Flickr mail from someone that wants to purchase a photo from me and asks what the charge is.

I googled the person and it seems like he works for some consulting group.

I would like to sell the photo, but I have no idea what to charge, or how, have never sold a photo before.

I many of you photographers here sells images all the time, what should I reply?

Thanks for all help!

2. KillRamsey

KillRamsey SC Hall of Famer

Jun 20, 2012
    Cambridge, MA
    Kyle
    Have they said what kind of license they're looking for? Do they want to own the photo from now on, and use it whenever / however much they want? Or would they like to license it for a 1-time use?

3. Vidar

Vidar SC Veteran

Oct 25, 2010
    Bergen, Norway
    Vidar
    No, I will have to ask them about that, they just said they want to purchase it and asked what the charge is...

4. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    You definitely need to find out what their use is. If they want to buy a print, that is very different than buying (for example) a photo that will be used in an ongoing way (as an element of their website or promotional literature, for example).

5. Vidar

Vidar SC Veteran

Oct 25, 2010
    Bergen, Norway
    Vidar
    Thanks for your replies. I will send them a mail asking about this, and will post here again when they reply.

6. ReD

ReD SC Hall of Famer

Mar 27, 2013
    Entropic Remnants was approached & sold some photos - advice from him would be useful

• Like Like x 1
  7. Vidar

Vidar SC Veteran

Oct 25, 2010
    Bergen, Norway
    Vidar
    He sent silent when I sent him the mail...

Oh well.

8. Kin Lau

Kin Lau SC Regular

Oct 23, 2012
    They probably email several people with similar pics.