1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Hergest Ridge

Discussion in 'Scenic, Architecture, and Travel' started by theoldsmithy, May 18, 2015.

1. theoldsmithy

theoldsmithy SC Top Veteran

Jan 7, 2013
    Herefordshire, England
    Martin Connolly
    As well as being the title of a Mike Oldfield album, it's also a very accessible hill with superb views, east over Herefordshire to the Malvern Hills, north to the Shropshire hills and south to the Brecon Beacons.
    I would have taken the EM10 but (q.v.) it's currently hors de combat. So the little TZ60 had to do instead. With some PP the images clean up quite nicely. Here is a small selection.

17630064410_413545188e_b. From Hergest Ridge by Martin Connolly, on Flickr
    17790787326_160f2b2944_b. Seat with a view by Martin Connolly, on Flickr
    [​IMG]On Hergest Ridge by Martin Connolly, on Flickr

• Like Like x 2
  2. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    As soon as I saw the title, I drifted back to the days of looking through album racks in high school. I remember the fish-eye album cover vividly and wondering if this Hergest Ridge was a real place. Thanks for the memories....

3. theoldsmithy

theoldsmithy SC Top Veteran

Jan 7, 2013
    Herefordshire, England
    Martin Connolly
    Ever since I had the album as a teenager the place has held an almost mystical appeal for me. To finally be able to walk up there was quite moving. Shame it was a little bit hazy as the views are really something special.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. What a beautiful view.

5. Susan Sande

Susan Sande SC Veteran

Aug 3, 2011
    Upper left USA
    Thanks for those views!!! My husband is currently walking Offa's Dyke (south to north), in Kington today and just had a beer with a guy from Shropshire.

6. Susan Sande

Susan Sande SC Veteran

Aug 3, 2011
    Upper left USA
    Ah, good ol' Tubular Bells is what came to mind for me when I saw the name Mike Oldfield. And yes looking through vinyl racks while in college.