[WTB] Hexanon 30mm 1.9

Discussion in 'Expired Listings' started by Rawfa, Dec 30, 2011.

1. Rawfa

Rawfa SC Regular

0   0   0

Dec 25, 2011
    Hi,

I´m looking for a hexanon 30mm 1.9. PM me if you have one.

cheers

Rafa

2. Brian

Brian SC Top Veteran S.C. Charter Member

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Jul 7, 2010
    Rawfa- can you post more information about that lens? I'm familiar with the Konica Autoreflex mount lenses, and the M-Mount lenses- but do not know that one. I have a Konica 28/1.8 and a 40/1.8.

There is also an older Konica F-Mount, early 1960s.

3. Rawfa

Rawfa SC Regular

0   0   0

Dec 25, 2011
    I´m looking the Konica EYE. It´s very compact.

4. Isoterica

Isoterica SC Hall of Famer

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Dec 6, 2011
  5. Rawfa

Rawfa SC Regular

0   0   0

Dec 25, 2011
    Really, the lens cannot be removed? I've seen some samples of this lens on a nex but I lost the link...maybe the guy adaptaded the lens him self...

6. Brian

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Jul 7, 2010
    There are "lens Hackers" out there that adapt lenses from fixed-lens rangefinder cameras to Mirrorless and interchangeable-lens rangefinder cameras. Some as a Kitchen table hobby, and others like japan-exposures, for a small business.

Flickr has some threads where members have adapted the lens from a Yashica GSN to mu-43 mount.

7. Isoterica

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Dec 6, 2011
    I would guess that he adapted a lens that he removed. Either way you can get a 24mm or a 28mm Hexanon but.. if you want the 30 then hack an Eye. Buy one that doesn't work and take the lens off it.

8. Brian

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Jul 7, 2010
    The 28/1.8 Hexanon is huge compared to the 30/1.9 shown on the camera. The 28/1.8 Hexanon is also pricey.

9. Isoterica

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Dec 6, 2011
    I was thinking comparable field of view not lens profile. There are pancakes out there though. It just takes a little looking.

10. Brian

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Jul 7, 2010
    The half-frame lenses are very compact. The F1.9 aperture is enticing for that lens. It would be easier to adapt an Industar-69 28/2.8 (Chaika half-frame) or Robot 30/3.5 Schneider. The I-69 can be used with a 39mm Leica mount adapter, but the mount or lens has to be modified for infinity focus. It needs to be moved in 1mm. The Schneider lens is nice, but 2-stops slower.

Now i need to look for a non-working Konica Eye.

11. Isoterica

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Dec 6, 2011
    Be sure to show us the results when you are done!

12. Rawfa

Rawfa SC Regular

0   0   0

Dec 25, 2011
    Yes. I´ve seen this lens mounted on a NEX but then I lost the link. I´ve just found it and realized the guys had to tear the camera apart and make a DIY job to get it to fit on the NEX :( too bad. It would have made a perfect pancake for the nex.

13. Brian

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Jul 7, 2010
    The Konica Eye was copied by as the "Fed Micron", and also features a 30/1.9 lens.

fed micron | eBay

More plentiful than the Konica Eye.

14. Isoterica

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Dec 6, 2011
    Isn't that like a selenium meter thing around the lens?

15. Brian

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Jul 7, 2010
    Yes, Selenium metering. You would be amazed at how long Selenium meters can hold their accuracy. I have a Weston 615 from the 1940s that is still perfectly accurate. I use it with many of my manual exposure cameras. Had it out today.

16. Isoterica

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0

Dec 6, 2011
    I actually have a couple working ones but would that in any way translate to cannibalizing the lens w/meter and using it in another camera? I can't see how but it would give it a very nostalgic look.

17. Brian

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Jul 7, 2010
    with these cameras- hard to tell until you start taking it apart. One possible arrangement suitable for easy lens hacking is for the lens to come out as a complete unit, such as the Olympus RC and ECR. The Shutter and aperture is behind the optics. So, in that case- the selenium cell would not transition unless you just wanted cosmetics. Just put the optics module in a suitable helical. The 28mm F3.5 comes out of a Nikon lite-touch as a single-piece. Transplant it into an Industar-69 helical, get a full-frame 28mm lens in Leica mount. With a lot of "between lens shutter" cameras, like the Minolta hi-matics, yashics GSN, and others: you need to take out the shutter leaves, or lock them into the open position.

18. Brian

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Jul 7, 2010
    Well, Step 1 accomplished- I picked up a Konica Eye for $26 (shipping was ~1/2) with a stuck shutter on Ebay. I will post in the repair/projects either conversion or repair.

19. Brian

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0

Jul 7, 2010
    Not enough of a back-focus for a Leica, but good enough to convert to C-Mount. This lens does not have a built in aperture mechanism, so that will need to be added.

I am thinking an aperture fitted into a 46mm screw in filter would work, or hust an "aperture Disk". right now, F1.9 is the only F-Stop available.

[​IMG]

I used a 52-55 step up ring for a "Cowling" for the cut-up metal plate, will put something over it to make it look nicer.

When I get some test shots, I will post the steps for the conversion and the results in the Projects Section.