1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Hi all!!

Discussion in 'Welcomes and Introductions' started by Enriquej, Jan 3, 2015.

1. Enriquej

Enriquej New to SC

Jan 3, 2015
    Madrid spain
    Enrique
    My name is Enrique and I live in Spain . 58 years old and married. Photography aficionado since 20.
    I have several old friend in this pages from flikr and m 4/3 .com.
    A month ago I decided to simplify my life. I owned an Oly em5 and several lenses...17 1.8 0ly 12.2.0 Oly, 25 pana leica and the really good 75mm 1.8. I have owned and tryed the 20 and 45 pana and the 45 Oly.
    To much things for me. The initial move on m 4/3 was lost too much lenses too much weight and too much dependency of a brand. Since I was since the begginig an Oly owner om 1, etc, etc I decide to try other things and sell all my kit. Nothing wrong with it I have enjoyed too much in m 4/3 but I think I need a change and less dependency in lenses to move easily bettwen brands.
    So I look and search and finally I found something that makes dream again. I read all the really negative reviews, negative opinions in the forums ;-) and keep the only tning that really interest me : super output and IQ.
    So I decide to give it a try it fet me very well because I'm a marginal animal also ;-).
    I search for several weeks in ebay and finally I founded for 1.230€ a Leica X Vario still in guaranty for one and a half year and like new. So yes the controversial X Vario have a new owner.
    I think is a cam make from photographers for photographers. I know my old em5 have better performance, better AF and my old lenses where realy fast. Its ok. But if you put an omd file together with tbose coming from the X Vario you'll understand me.
    I'm happyly learnig againg to manual focus to use hiperfocal distance or deep of field and manually adjusting the exposure I mean speed iso and aperture, because in low light situations and for strret shooting or moving objects I have learned that the cam needs to be manually controled.
    Well. Here I'm

https://m.flickr.com/#/photos/montoablasa1/

[​IMG]"500" height="367" alt="Yodi 2"></a>[/IMG]

• Like Like x 5
  2. ajramirez

ajramirez SC All-Pro

Jul 9, 2010
    Caguas, Puerto Rico
    Antonio
    Great to see you here, Enrique. Welcome!

3. bilzmale

bilzmale Super Moderator Emeritus

Jul 17, 2010
    Perth, Western Australia
    Bill Shinnick
    Hello and welcome - glad the change is working for you.

4. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    Enrique!!!! I'm oh so glad to see you here and can't wait to see what you're up to with that Leica X Vario. 2015 has already brought good things - seeing you here again!:friends:

5. WoodWorks

WoodWorks SC Regular

Dec 21, 2014
    Bienvenidos, Enrique! I too am 58, married, have recently purchased a new camera (Sony RX100 III), and joined this forum. This is a great place for support and information, and the members here are a constant source of photographic inspiration.

6. drd1135

drd1135 SC Hall of Famer

Jul 13, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    Steve
    Welcome. You should consider joining the Singles in January challenge with that new Leica. It's a good motivation to get acquainted with you new friend.

7. Enriquej

Enriquej New to SC

Jan 3, 2015
    Madrid spain
    Enrique
    Thank you

Thanks Antonio. Its a pleasure be with all you again!!

8. Enriquej

Enriquej New to SC

Jan 3, 2015
    Madrid spain
    Enrique
    Thank you Bill and BB. I hope you desire the new year bring all of us good things!!

• Like Like x 1
  9. Enriquej

Enriquej New to SC

Jan 3, 2015
    Madrid spain
    Enrique
    Thanks woodworks and Drd!!

10. kevistopheles

kevistopheles SC Regular

Jan 2, 2015
    Bienvenidos Enrique...la familia de mi madre es de España (cerca de Oviedo)...and that is the limit of my Spanish. If I try any more I start to sound pretty silly sayings things Like "el cuaderno de la virgen".

I started very similarly to you with m43 with the P20, P14 and later added the PL45 and PL25. My journey eventually took me away from native lenses entirely. I like the ability to choose from a large number of old school manual focus lenses and easily adapt them to my camera body of choice (currently a Fuji XE1). I feel like the switch to legacy lenses has done me a lot of good and really allowed me to learn and grow as a photographer. It reminds me of when I first started shooting film (my first SLR was also an OM1). Good luck on your journey with the Vario X.

I really like your shot of the older gentlemen with the cigar and heavy coat.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dixeyk/

11. Enriquej

Enriquej New to SC

Jan 3, 2015
    Madrid spain
    Enrique
    Thank you very much Kevin. Fuji is one of my future options:biggrin: