Hi all!!

Enriquej

Name
Enrique
My name is Enrique and I live in Spain . 58 years old and married. Photography aficionado since 20.
I have several old friend in this pages from flikr and m 4/3 .com.
A month ago I decided to simplify my life. I owned an Oly em5 and several lenses...17 1.8 0ly 12.2.0 Oly, 25 pana leica and the really good 75mm 1.8. I have owned and tryed the 20 and 45 pana and the 45 Oly.
To much things for me. The initial move on m 4/3 was lost too much lenses too much weight and too much dependency of a brand. Since I was since the begginig an Oly owner om 1, etc, etc I decide to try other things and sell all my kit. Nothing wrong with it I have enjoyed too much in m 4/3 but I think I need a change and less dependency in lenses to move easily bettwen brands.
So I look and search and finally I found something that makes dream again. I read all the really negative reviews, negative opinions in the forums ;-) and keep the only tning that really interest me : super output and IQ.
So I decide to give it a try it fet me very well because I'm a marginal animal also ;-).
I search for several weeks in ebay and finally I founded for 1.230€ a Leica X Vario still in guaranty for one and a half year and like new. So yes the controversial X Vario have a new owner.
I think is a cam make from photographers for photographers. I know my old em5 have better performance, better AF and my old lenses where realy fast. Its ok. But if you put an omd file together with tbose coming from the X Vario you'll understand me.
I'm happyly learnig againg to manual focus to use hiperfocal distance or deep of field and manually adjusting the exposure I mean speed iso and aperture, because in low light situations and for strret shooting or moving objects I have learned that the cam needs to be manually controled.
Well. Here I'm

Flickr

16197509921_a44a7d6966.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Attachments

• 16197509921_a44a7d6966.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 65
  • 16197509921_a44a7d6966.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 54
Enrique!!!! I'm oh so glad to see you here and can't wait to see what you're up to with that Leica X Vario. 2015 has already brought good things - seeing you here again!:friends:

Bienvenidos, Enrique! I too am 58, married, have recently purchased a new camera (Sony RX100 III), and joined this forum. This is a great place for support and information, and the members here are a constant source of photographic inspiration.

Welcome. You should consider joining the Singles in January challenge with that new Leica. It's a good motivation to get acquainted with you new friend.

Enrique!!!! I'm oh so glad to see you here and can't wait to see what you're up to with that Leica X Vario. 2015 has already brought good things - seeing you here again!:friends:

Thank you Bill and BB. I hope you desire the new year bring all of us good things!!

My name is Enrique and I live in Spain . 58 years old and married. Photography aficionado since 20.
I have several old friend in this pages from flikr and m 4/3 .com.
A month ago I decided to simplify my life. I owned an Oly em5 and several lenses...17 1.8 0ly 12.2.0 Oly, 25 pana leica and the really good 75mm 1.8. I have owned and tryed the 20 and 45 pana and the 45 Oly.
To much things for me. The initial move on m 4/3 was lost too much lenses too much weight and too much dependency of a brand. Since I was since the begginig an Oly owner om 1, etc, etc I decide to try other things and sell all my kit. Nothing wrong with it I have enjoyed too much in m 4/3 but I think I need a change and less dependency in lenses to move easily bettwen brands.
So I look and search and finally I found something that makes dream again. I read all the really negative reviews, negative opinions in the forums ;-) and keep the only tning that really interest me : super output and IQ.
So I decide to give it a try it fet me very well because I'm a marginal animal also ;-).
I search for several weeks in ebay and finally I founded for 1.230€ a Leica X Vario still in guaranty for one and a half year and like new. So yes the controversial X Vario have a new owner.
I think is a cam make from photographers for photographers. I know my old em5 have better performance, better AF and my old lenses where realy fast. Its ok. But if you put an omd file together with tbose coming from the X Vario you'll understand me.
I'm happyly learnig againg to manual focus to use hiperfocal distance or deep of field and manually adjusting the exposure I mean speed iso and aperture, because in low light situations and for strret shooting or moving objects I have learned that the cam needs to be manually controled.
Well. Here I'm

Flickr

Bienvenidos Enrique...la familia de mi madre es de España (cerca de Oviedo)...and that is the limit of my Spanish. If I try any more I start to sound pretty silly sayings things Like "el cuaderno de la virgen".

I started very similarly to you with m43 with the P20, P14 and later added the PL45 and PL25. My journey eventually took me away from native lenses entirely. I like the ability to choose from a large number of old school manual focus lenses and easily adapt them to my camera body of choice (currently a Fuji XE1). I feel like the switch to legacy lenses has done me a lot of good and really allowed me to learn and grow as a photographer. It reminds me of when I first started shooting film (my first SLR was also an OM1). Good luck on your journey with the Vario X.

I really like your shot of the older gentlemen with the cigar and heavy coat.

the adapted eye

Back