Hi from Amsterdam

Discussion in 'Welcomes and Introductions' started by Motordrive, Jul 3, 2014.

1. Motordrive

Motordrive New to SC

Jul 2, 2014
    Hi, my name is Jeroen and I'm a photo hobbyist for over 4 decades starting in the seventies with my Chinon cs. When digital photography took off I was scanning my slides with a minolta scanner but I soon realized that scanned slides were nothing compaired to jpg's and raw files from a digital camera. I got myself a canon powershot G3 and started shootin' It was great (for that time). Today I shoot with a Pen E-pl5, a LX5 and a XZ-2. Every photo I take in RAW developping in LR5 and I'm happy with the results most of the time. I prefer small camera's because I love street photography.
    I wish I could combine two camera's: the XZ-2 and the LX5 into one: The XZ-2 for the flip-up lcd and great fill flash and te LX5 for it's great lens, resume zoom and hyperfocal settings but this perhaps will become reality when the LX8 is born:wink:

• Like Like x 4
  2. Lightmancer

Lightmancer Super Moderator

Aug 13, 2011
    Sunny Frimley
    Bill Palmer
    Welcome Jeroen!

3. bartjeej

bartjeej SC Hall of Famer

Nov 12, 2010
    bart
    Welcome from Rotterdam (even though I temporarily don't live there)! The XZ2 and LX5 are pretty close, with a bit of luck the features you want will appear on 1 camera soon. Looking forward to seeing some of your shots, regardless of the camera you used to get them :smile:

4. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    I agree with your wishes for your next camera. Please share some images when you have time. Gear talk is fine, but photos is why we're into the gear.:flowers_2:

5. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    Glad you found your way here, Jeroen - and, yes, please do post some of your photographs soon! :drinks:

6. Nuskyn

Nuskyn SC Veteran

Jul 8, 2011
    @Gelderland - the Netherlands
    Jeroen
    Hoi Jeroen ! Groeten uit Gelderland

Jeroen :dance4:

• Like Like x 1
  7. bilzmale

bilzmale Super Moderator Emeritus

Jul 17, 2010
    Perth, Western Australia
    Bill Shinnick
    Hello and welcome - the new Panny LX? may be just what you need.

8. Gubrz

Gubrz O.* Gonzo's & Bentley's Dad

Jun 5, 2012
    Austin, TX
    Eliot
    Pics pics pics!

9. nippa

nippa SC Top Veteran

Aug 7, 2010
    Cheshire UK
    Dennis
    Hi Jeroen
    You mentioned Chinon and that brought back memories.
    Their cameras were quite popular in the UK and well priced ; I must be going back to the 60s and 70s.
    Like you , I'm also looking forward to seeing what the LX8 can do but I see that the promised press release date of July 16th has been put back.