Hi from Bromsgrove, UK

Discussion in 'Welcomes and Introductions' started by barnvelder, Apr 6, 2011.

1. Hi all.
    Joined this forum after being a member of Serious Compacts Flikr group.
    Started out in film with small compacts ( still have Contax TVS) but then moved on to SLRs and then DSLRs...now going back the other way!!
    Biggest camera I now own is Samsung NX10 which I like a lot!
    Mainly use Ricoh GRD 3 and am hoping that GRD 4 will appear in summer.....
    Currently spending much time trying to understand all features of Silver Efex Pro 2 and get it working properly with my printer.
    Still, semi-retired and I only work part-time now - and the time I do work is getting in the way of my photography!
    • Like Like x 2
  2. bilzmale

bilzmale Super Moderator Emeritus

Jul 17, 2010
    Perth, Western Australia
    Bill Shinnick
    Hello and welcome barnvelder and thanks for your introduction. Plenty of Samsung and Ricoh users here and a lot of us still remember film. Being retired myself I often wonder how I previously fitted my job in. :smile:
  3. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    barnvelder, I'm so glad that you found your way here through the Serious Compacts Flickr group and that you've jumped right in to introduce yourself!

Great to have you here and I look forward to seeing some of your photos very soon. Please consider joining us for our upcoming Weekly Challenge, which begins on Friday.
  4. AzPete

AzPete SC Veteran

Dec 24, 2010
    OMG another Brit :biggrin:
    but gladly welcomed..... haha

good folks here BV

cheers, Pete
    • Like Like x 1
  5. expressmart

expressmart New to SC

Mar 18, 2011
    welcome to Serious Compacts
  6. vincechu

vincechu SC Veteran

Sep 14, 2010
    Welcome to the forums! I hope you'll enjoy it here as much as I have/am. If there's anything you need help on, dont hesitate to ask. There are many experienced members here who are sure to be able to help you, and I'm sure a few of us have used silver efex.
  7. Herman

Herman The Image Stimulator

Jul 11, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Hello and welcome here.
  8. scophone

scophone New to SC

Mar 20, 2011
    Hello everyone ,I'm from usa
  9. Ghosthunter

Ghosthunter boo!

Sep 8, 2010
    London UK
    YAY! Another Brit:biggrin: Glad to see another Silver effex pro user and looking forward to seeing some of your work. :thumbup:
  10. Toonman

Toonman SC Regular

Yes we Brits are everywhere. Newcastle United small camera nut here........welcome.
    • Like Like x 1
  11. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    Toonman, I'm going to use this as your "official" unofficial introduction.:wink: So a belated "official" welcome to you! I already know you've made yourself at home and am glad of it, too!:2thumbs: