Hi from England !

Discussion in 'Welcomes and Introductions' started by Minniesmum, Jan 23, 2012.

1. Minniesmum

Minniesmum SC Regular

Jan 23, 2012
    Just an " hello" from myself ! A recent purchase of a 2nd hand Fuji F200 EXR has kick-started me back into photography after a 2-year absence after a bereavement. I have a stable of cameras- film and digital... compacts/slr's and dslr's but have gravitated back to small and easy for now with an emphasis on quality. Im looking forward to checking out the forums.

Cath

• Like Like x 2
  2. Hyubie

Hyubie SC Veteran

Jun 8, 2011
    Massachusetts
    Hi Cath, welcome from New England! :smile:

• Like Like x 1
  3. Minniesmum

Minniesmum SC Regular

Jan 23, 2012
    Thank you ! Im originally from Nova Scotia so not that far from New England !

4. krugorg

krugorg SC All-Pro

Sep 26, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Kyle Krug
    Welcome to the forum Cath!! Look forward to reading your posts and seeing your images! :biggrin:

• Like Like x 1
  5. HeatherTheVet

HeatherTheVet SC All-Pro

Apr 23, 2011
    Scotland
    Heather
    Hi Cath,welcome from Scotland! Get stuck into the forum and show us what you are up to, always space for more pictures! Hopefully your camera will help you through and out of your dark time.
    Heather

• Like Like x 1
  6. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    Cath, thank you so much for starting right off with your introduction and welcome from New York!

I don't know how familiar you are with the site, but if you have any questions please just ask. There's the handy Site Information section which is filled with very helpful information - including threads about how to upload or embed images, etc.

I look forward to your involvement - and to seeing your photographs very soon.:flowers_2:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Isoterica

Isoterica SC Hall of Famer

Dec 6, 2011
    Welcome Cath. I'm glad you found your way back to photography, it's soul food, really. :)

• Like Like x 1
  8. Minniesmum

Minniesmum SC Regular

Jan 23, 2012
    Gosh thanks everyone ! I'm on Flickr but with a 2-year absence not posted much recently. The last compact I bought was 2 years ago a Canon S90 the day before my little dog died. Ive never been happy with it. But this F200 is really doing something for me. Once Im out of hospital I intend to re-discover the world through it ....

9. stillshunter

stillshunter Super Moderator Emeritus

Nov 5, 2010
    Down Under
    Mark
    G'day from Down Under Cath :thumbup:

Hope you find this little corner of the interwebs as comfortable and compelling as we do, and that you have the opportunity to share a few fruits of your labour with the new lil' Fuji....another wish is that you don't get too caught up in the lust for bigger and better (well with this forum it's often smaller and better :blush:) gear and appreciate your new joy for what it is and can do for you.....as this recent F200 thread certainly shows what this camera is capable of.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Minniesmum

Minniesmum SC Regular

Jan 23, 2012
    It sure is.......

11. Minniesmum

Minniesmum SC Regular

Jan 23, 2012
    Thanks Heather. Hoping the dark times are coming to a close !

12. P.H

P.H SC Regular

Apr 4, 2011
    Derby, UK
    Another welcome from another Englander, the international element of this place adds a certain something.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Alf

Alf SC Top Veteran

Oct 11, 2010
    Northeastern Tuscany
    Welcome!

• Like Like x 1
  14. bartjeej

bartjeej SC Hall of Famer

Nov 12, 2010
    bart
    Hi Cath, welcome from the Netherlands! Looking forward to seeing your photos!

• Like Like x 1
  15. Phoenix

Phoenix SC Top Veteran

Dec 28, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Phoenix Gonzales
    Hi and welcome Cath

• Like Like x 1
  16. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    Sue
    Another Aussie welcome, Cath,looking fwd to seeing more of your work :)

• Like Like x 1
  17. olli

olli Super Moderator Emeritus

Sep 28, 2010
    Metro Manila
    olli
    Hello and welcome Cath

• Like Like x 1
  18. bilzmale

bilzmale Super Moderator Emeritus

Jul 17, 2010
    Perth, Western Australia
    Bill Shinnick
    Hello Cath and welcome.

• Like Like x 1
  19. BillN

BillN SC Hall of Famer

Aug 25, 2010
    S W France
    Bill
    Cath, welcome

this is a great place to stop by "just when you feel like it" and to post and image or two on any subject that takes your fancy

It's good!

• Like Like x 1
  20. Minniesmum

Minniesmum SC Regular

Jan 23, 2012
    Gosh it's been a while since I last posted on here. I'm back post surgery, and have invested in micro 4/3's via an E-PL1 and enjoying using it with my older lenses from 35mm days. I recognise many of the members on here from the micro 4/3's site/forums so Hi guys ! Still enjoying my Fuji 200 EXR tho ..

Cath

http://www.flickr.com/photos/minnies_mum/