Hi from Irvine, CA

Discussion in 'Welcomes and Introductions' started by flipmack, Dec 27, 2011.

1. flipmack

flipmack New to SC

Dec 27, 2011
    Irvine, CA
    Hi all. New here, but not new to photography.

I've been shooting with an Olympus 4/3 kit for many years but I've decided to sell off some kit to gain a Ricoh GRD3.

Slowly but surely, the Olympus kit is gathering dust. I don't think I'll sell it off, but I'm shooting with the GRD3 almost all the time now.

Anyway, glad to see that there's an active community of compact shooters out there. It's a different philosophy when shooting with a small camera compared to the big dSLR rigs I'm accustomed to seeing - I feel like I'm not taken seriously, which works to my benefit because there's a serious photographer behind that 3" LCD screen!

• Like Like x 1
  2. bilzmale

bilzmale Super Moderator Emeritus S.C. Charter Member Subscribing Member

Jul 17, 2010
    Perth, Western Australia
    Bill Shinnick
    Hello and welcome flipmack - and yes taking compacts seriously is what we are about.

3. kyteflyer

kyteflyer ~@¿@~

Jan 31, 2011
    Newcastle, Australia
    Sue
    Welcome again flipmack, looking forward to seeing more of your GRD shots (and the MFT shots too, if you get back to that)

4. Isoterica

Isoterica SC Hall of Famer

Dec 6, 2011
  5. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus S.C. Charter Member

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    Glad you found your way here, flipmack! Thanks for the link to your blog, I'll be sure to check it out.:th_salute:

6. flipmack

flipmack New to SC

Dec 27, 2011
    Irvine, CA
    thanks everyone!

I just updated my blog format. I'm getting ready for next year's Project52 - new format, new camera, new enthusiasm!

7. Landshark

Landshark PhotoDog S.C. Charter Member

Jul 15, 2010
    SoCal
    Bob