Hi from Italy

Discussion in 'Welcomes and Introductions' started by Alf, Oct 11, 2010.

1. Alf

Alf SC Top Veteran

Oct 11, 2010
    Northeastern Tuscany
    Hi everyone from a former nomad now settled in northeastern Tuscany after a travelling youth in Central Asia and a few years working in China. After a few years visiting me in Tuscany, even my dearest moved and we live together just south of the Apennines, west of Florence (though we got married in Venice).

As you can see from my pics, I love the place and I'm getting used to shoot everywhere, hoping to get better at it.

I see a lot of known faces from mu-43. Hi all!
    • Like Like x 2
  2. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    Alf, many thanks for coming over here and what a wonderful introduction, too! Hmm, I wish I could say that I followed my husband to Tuscany, but here we are in New York.:wink: Very glad you made your way here, Alf and welcome!
    • Like Like x 1
  3. BillN

BillN SC Hall of Famer

Aug 25, 2010
    S W France
    Hi Alf - it's as fun "over here" as "over there"
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Amin Sabet

Amin Sabet Administrator

Jul 3, 2010
    Welcome to this side of things, Alf. Good to see you here :smile:.
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Mal

Mal SC Veteran

Sep 23, 2010
    Liverpool / UK

Good to see you here.... (I see your wedding photo is in the square by Acedemia Bridge)... My wife and I visit Venice EVERY year....

But we have not been to Florence since 2003.... However.... this year I have already booked for Florence at Easter... in a hotel by the Ponte Vechio

You certainly have chosen to live in a magnificient part of Europe.... I look forward to seeing your images dotted around the Serious Compacts Site.

• Like Like x 2
  6. Alf

Alf SC Top Veteran

Oct 11, 2010
    Northeastern Tuscany
    Yessitis! Campo Santo Stefano, at the narrow end of Campo Francesco Morosini.
    We were on our way from the city hall in Palazzo Cavalli to the party in Sacca Fisola, together with friends and family, on foot. And blessed by the first day of good weather after a week of huge, cold rain.
  7. Herman

Herman The Image Stimulator

Jul 11, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Hello and welcome Alf ! I know you from the mu-43 forum. My wife followed me, she moved from Germany to Holland.
    I do look forward to photos from Tuscany !
    • Like Like x 1
  8. christilou

christilou SC Hall of Famer

Jul 13, 2010
    Sunny Frimley
    Hi Alf, nice to see you here :smile:
    • Like Like x 1