Hi from Oz!

raider

Hi,

Howdy everyone :)

I have been lurking around in this forum but only decided to join as a member a couple of days back. Me and wife are both Pentax DSLR users. I have the K-7 and she has the K-x. But we are finding that we need a good compact camera (actually we need 2 :-> ) when we do not want to bring our gears with us and this forum is dedicated to serious compacts :) Love this forum :)

Cheers
raider

Hi, welcome to Serious Compacts.

Our enquiring minds will be interested to read which serious compacts you and your wife decide on, and, of course, seeing your photos!

raider, thanks for your intro and welcome to you - and to your wife, in abstentia. Who knows, perhaps your wife will join us here eventually, with her own photographs?

Very glad to have you here!:drinks:

Hi,

Howdy everyone :)

I have been lurking around in this forum but only decided to join as a member a couple of days back. Me and wife are both Pentax DSLR users. I have the K-7 and she has the K-x. But we are finding that we need a good compact camera (actually we need 2 :-> ) when we do not want to bring our gears with us and this forum is dedicated to serious compacts :) Love this forum :)

Cheers
raider

Hi Raider,
like yourself I was a lurker, and also found the need for a "serious compact". To be sure I recently purchased a Panasonic LX2 on ebay. (Aus $140). Love it and keep it in the car. For my special needs I use a Panasonic G1, GF1 and three lenses (20mm, 14-45mm and 45-200mm) Also a bag of Canon FD legacy lenses. Might you consider a Panasonic LX5 as your "serious Compact"?
Cheers
DUD

G'day Raider...and welcome. Mal I assume with a moniker like "Raider" that his from around the ACT? ;)

Great forum mate, with top folks and great advice. Good luck in your search for the ideal serious compact...it's quite a field you have to choose from. Having said that, do remember that a few folks here shoot with the smaller Pentax K's and pass them off as serious compacts....so feel free to use images from them to show your style.

Back