Hi from serious photo addict ;)

Discussion in 'Welcomes and Introductions' started by nianys, Sep 11, 2012.

1. nianys

nianys SC Regular

Sep 10, 2012
    Hi guys

Well, I followed dixeyk's advice over at talknex.com and checked it out here. I'm not officially a member of all 3 Amin's sites !
    I've been a devoted hobbyist, and member of DPR, for over 10 years now, using various (I hate to say countless, lol) DLSRs from all makers, ranging to entry models to pro bodies, and including FF (my true love). In February this year after selling 2 D700s for financial reasons I tried out a Panasonic GX-1 and it was love at first use. I use the camera extensively for 6 months (putting over 15K on it) and it renewed my flame for photography like nothing else.
    However, being almost solely a portraitist, and a super thin DOF addict, I bumped into m4/3 limitations from day one.
    So a week ago I caved in and bought a 5N, mostly with the intention to use fancy legacy fast primes.I'm totally hooked, overwhelmed with the variety of mounts and lenses out there, and basically overjoyed by the NEX sensor (much less so by the body, but that's little compared to the IQ and magic of peaking).
    I run a little photo blog and have of course posted recently about my new acquisition :

I've had many excellent Fuji cameras before and one of my close friends is a Fujimaniac, so there is a fair chance I'll be dipping in those waters in the future as well.
    I live in France in the Paris area, so if I can help someone out with any question relative to that country, planning trips, good places to se or stay, etc, feel free to ask :)
    • Like Like x 10
  2. olli

olli Super Moderator Emeritus

Sep 28, 2010
    Metro Manila
    Hello and welcome.
  3. krugorg

krugorg SC All-Pro

Sep 26, 2011
    Minnesota USA
    Kyle Krug
  4. bartjeej

bartjeej SC Hall of Famer

Nov 12, 2010
    welcome to SC, and thanks for your introduction! :smile:
    You have 2 very nice camers, and the photography on your blog is great! The two pictures in the "those shots" post, which you're having framed, are absolutely fantastic and you're right to be proud of them!
  5. Julien

Julien SC Top Veteran

Jan 6, 2012
    Paris, France
    Bienvenue nianys :wink:
  6. Iansky

Iansky SC Top Veteran

Dec 8, 2011
    Cotswolds, UK
    Welcome to a fun filled and friendly forum of like minded photographers.
  7. Phoenix

Phoenix SC Top Veteran

Dec 28, 2011
    Melbourne, Australia
    Phoenix Gonzales
    Hi Nianys

Nice to see you here :smile:
  8. Isoterica

Isoterica SC Hall of Famer

Dec 6, 2011
    Welcome nianys, I got lost in your blog for a while, it was wonderful. Good to have another camera addict here, you will find you are in great company.
  9. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    welcome to the group. Your blog is lovely.... fee free to share some images here when time permits.
  10. Gary

Gary SC All-Pro

Aug 19, 2012
    Southern California
    Gary Ayala
    Welcome aboard.

11. Lili

Lili SC Hall of Famer

Oct 17, 2010
    Dallas, TX
    welcome to the family!
  12. nianys

nianys SC Regular

Sep 10, 2012
    Thank you all very much for the warm welcome !! I really enjoy sharing pictures so you may get fep up with mine quicker than you think, lol.
    I'm currently putting together a manual lens collection for my NEX, and made a little blog post about a few I already own, you can find it here :
    Things of beauty. How cute can a lens get ? | itsnotthecamera

I'm finding the site to ge really great because we get several platforms in the same place, with none of the format acrimony that sometimes exists on dedicated boards. I'm loving it !

• Like Like x 1
  13. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    nianys, a belated welcome - and thank you so much for the link to your blog. Your children are gorgeous. Glad to have you aboard!
  14. nianys

nianys SC Regular

Sep 10, 2012
    Thank you !
    If you fancy the blog feel free to visit again or follow, I try to update daily as much as possible.