Hi from South Carolina

Discussion in 'Welcomes and Introductions' started by Bolo, Nov 10, 2010.

1. Bolo

Bolo New to SC

Oct 30, 2010
    Las Vegas, NV
    I like being able to carry a camera with me on my bicycle or on hikes. That is why I got an LX5 last month. I had a Pentax K1000 film camera years ago and loved it. I learned the basics of photography with that camera but have not progressed in photography until now. I have only had digital cameras that were automatic and did not shoot RAW.

I love the LX5 but was having a bit of trouble understanding all the controls. I purchased this ebook for $10 and find it very helpful.

Panasonic Lumix LX5 digital camera | Lumix LX3 Photography Guidebook | Alexander S. White

I am looking forward to learning more about photography and manipulating RAW images and I think this website will help.

Bob

• Like Like x 1
  2. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus S.C. Charter Member

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    Bob, welcome and thanks for introducing yourself - and for that heads up on that LX5 book, too! I have to say that the rather skimpy manual that comes along with the LX5 isn't the greatest. I'm very glad to have you here as part of the community.:th_salute:

3. olli

olli Super Moderator Emeritus

Sep 28, 2010
    Metro Manila
    olli
    Welcome Bob. Once you've picked up all the tips from the book you can start passing them on:smile:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Bolo

Bolo New to SC

Oct 30, 2010
    Las Vegas, NV
    One think I learned is in the camera menu. You can not only toggle up or down the 7 pages but you can also use the zoom to navigate left and right from one page to the next without having to go down through each feature.

• Like Like x 2
  5. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus S.C. Charter Member

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    Now that's interesting - I'll have to check it out the next time I format my card. Thanks, Bob!

6. MichaelChiara

MichaelChiara SC Regular S.C. Charter Member

Jul 9, 2010
    Brooklyn
  7. Herman

Herman The Image Stimulator S.C. Charter Member

Jul 11, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Herman
    Hi Bob, welcome here !

8. Will

Will SC All-Pro