Hi from the Netherlands with Pentax Q

Discussion in 'Welcomes and Introductions' started by jjsmit, Dec 31, 2013.

1. jjsmit

jjsmit New to SC

Dec 31, 2013

I am from the Netherlands and have a Pentax Q for some time now. I really like this little thing al lot also because its beautifull build. I studied Mechanical Engineering way back (in IT now), but still can be very pleased by nicely designed and manufactured stuff (and hate crap!:)). So when the Q got my attention I wanted it immediately, and I only found out about the Q when the prices where reasonable. When I found out about the possibilities connecting other (Canon) lenses my interest grew! I do have a Canon DSLR (and also a Canon S90) with a few lenses.

Current situation is that I sold my Canon DSLR body because I wanted to upgrade, but in the mean time bought this little Q fellow (with 01 fixed) and also some adapters and later the 06 zoom.

Still learning and also to be honest struggling with the Canon lenses connected. But what a nice camera to bring with you almost always.........

Best regards,

• Like Like x 5
  2. TraamisVOS

TraamisVOS SC Hall of Famer

Nov 29, 2010
    Melboune, Australia

Canon lenses are always a struggle.
  3. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    JJSMIT, glad you found your way here and I hope you'll share some of your Pentax Q photos here when you have a chance.:drinks:
  4. pictogramax

pictogramax SC Top Veteran

Aug 18, 2011
    Belgrade, Serbia
    Welcome and show us what you do with your Q!
  5. christilou

christilou SC Hall of Famer

Jul 13, 2010
    Sunny Frimley
    I like Q photos too :) Welcome JJSMIT!
  6. bilzmale

bilzmale Super Moderator Emeritus

Jul 17, 2010
    Perth, Western Australia
    Bill Shinnick
    Hello and welcome JJ.
  7. Welcome.

Always have a soft spot for Holland as my Grandmother came from there to the States in the 1920's as a child.
    • Like Like x 1
  8. drd1135

drd1135 SC Hall of Famer

Jul 13, 2011
    Southwest Virginia
    The Q's keep selling to the apparent dismay of some reviewers. It's a great camera and has some really nice lenses. I still use mine all the time, and I'm seriously think of upgrading to the Q7.