Hi from the Netherlands..

Discussion in 'Welcomes and Introductions' started by Nuskyn, Aug 4, 2011.

1. Nuskyn

Nuskyn SC Veteran

Jul 8, 2011
    @Gelderland - the Netherlands
    Born in '62 and playing with all types of camera's since i was a teenager, i discovered the beauty of photography.
    I'm a DSLR user for a few years now, but always carry a small P&S camera with me...
    In the summer of 2010 i purchased a Samsung EX1 (TL500) and more and more i leave my DSLR at home...
    For me the big advantage with this camera is that you can use it as a sort of twin-lens reflex, very easy at low or strange angles...

There is a lot of useful info and inspiration on this forum, so.. Thank You !!
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Armanius

Armanius Bring Jack back!

Jan 11, 2011
    Houston, Texas
    Welcome aboard!! I'm still upset that y'all beat Brazil in the World Cup! :smile:
  3. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    Nuskyn, thank you so much for jumping right in with your introduction! Welcome to Serious Compacts from me, here in New York!

Please make yourself at home!:drinks:
  4. bartjeej

bartjeej SC Hall of Famer

Nov 12, 2010
    nice, a fellow dutchman and fellow EX1 owner! I've only introduced myself very recently, but still, welcome!

and armanius, most of us couldn't believe what we'd accomplished (well, our team anyway), I certainly never expected that outcome. In 1998 we had a much more talented team (maybe even the best in the world) but lost to Brazil in the semis, so this was a nice way to straighten that out :) Too bad we didn't manage to win the finals, but then again maybe we didn't deserve to...
  5. Spode

Spode SC Regular

Jul 26, 2011
  6. Briar

Briar SC All-Pro

Oct 27, 2010
    Hi Nuskyn, welcome to serious compacts.
  7. bilzmale

bilzmale Super Moderator Emeritus

Jul 17, 2010
    Perth, Western Australia
    Bill Shinnick