Hi.... from The Netherlands

Discussion in 'Welcomes and Introductions' started by Malo1961, Aug 29, 2011.

1. Malo1961

Malo1961 SC Rookie

Aug 10, 2011
    Hi all,
    After some lurking around I decided to switch forums from MU-4/3's to this place.
    Some of you will know me from there. I was active under the same user name in my
    digital pen days. The need for a bigger sensor and specially......better high noise performance lured me over to the Sony Nex fold. :smile: Since last Friday I am the happy owner of the Nex 3 with the 18-55 OSS kit lens. What a wonderful camera and as you probably know it is dirt cheap at the moment. Even in Holland.:wink:
    Anyway.....first post should be here, right? Hope to enjoy my time here and will post the first results soon.

Best regards,

Martin.

Some of my work can be seen here.

• Like Like x 2
  2. pdh

pdh SC Legend

Jan 2, 2011
    ah excellent! -- you're a great image-maker Martin, and I look forward to seeing some more of them ... even though you have gone over to the competition ...

3. Alf

Alf SC Top Veteran

Oct 11, 2010
    Northeastern Tuscany
  4. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus S.C. Charter Member

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    Martin, we're going to have a good time here with you and your photographs. I'm very glad you came over from across the hall with your NEX!:biggrin:

If you feel like it please add your website link to your signature line so we can all get in there quickly whenever we want.:wink: I plan on delving deeper but I really, really like your "drain cover" for its design and fabulous IQ and color!:th_salute:

5. stillshunter

stillshunter Super Moderator Emeritus

Nov 5, 2010
    Down Under
    Mark
    Glad you migrated and g'day from Australia.

6. Briar

Briar SC All-Pro

Oct 27, 2010
    Scotland
    Karen
    Hi Martin

Welcome to Serious Compacts. I hope you will put the NEX to good use and join in with the weekly challenge.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Malo1961

Malo1961 SC Rookie

Aug 10, 2011
    Thanks Karen. It feels good to be here. I am afraid I will have to pass on the "weekly" invite. I am already heavy involved in a similar challenge (per month though) on another photographic community, which takes away to much time already. It is great fun though and good to push the envelope that way. Maybe......In the future, who knows.

8. BBW

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
  9. Malo1961

Malo1961 SC Rookie

Aug 10, 2011
    Ok,ok....As it happens I just looked at the guidelines.:wink: I have decided to play along and entered one of my first "Nex" pictures which seems to fit the theme. :smile:

• Like Like x 2
  10. BBW

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
  11. bartjeej

bartjeej SC Hall of Famer

Nov 12, 2010
    bart
    Hi Martin, welcome from Rotterdam!

12. bilzmale