Hi from the Philippines

Discussion in 'Welcomes and Introductions' started by efm2, Nov 20, 2014.

1. efm2

efm2 New to SC

Nov 19, 2014
    Hi guys. I'm Edwin and a new convert to serious compacts :smile:. My search for Ricoh GRD materials brought me to this site. I'm expecting a minty Ricoh GRDIII very soon and I know early on that the guys in this forum will be of great help and at the same time will be a great inspiration to me. Thanks.

• Like Like x 3
  2. olli

olli Super Moderator Emeritus

Sep 28, 2010
    Metro Manila
    olli
    Hi Edwin. So where in the Philippines are you? I'm in Pasay City in Metro Manila. If you're nearby let me know if you want to meet up.

3. efm2

efm2 New to SC

Nov 19, 2014
    Hi olli. From Q.C. We are separated by at least 20 km and 2 hours of traffic :biggrin:. What are you using?

4. olli

olli Super Moderator Emeritus

Sep 28, 2010
    Metro Manila
    olli
    No problem. When I go to QC I use the MRT. I haven't been there much yet - mostly around Cubao. Happy to make the trip or we could meet in Makati.

Up until about a month ago I was using Sony NEX system. I just switched to Fuji - an X-E2. I have a couple of posts on here with pics from Pasay taken with it (or on my blog at maniladays.tumblr.com).

When does your Ricoh arrive? I'm looking forward to seeing your pics.

5. Luke

Luke Super Moderator

Nov 11, 2011
    Milwaukee, WI USA
    Luke
    I've seen a TON of great photos from that wee Ricoh. So my expectations from you are sky high. Welcome to the forum.

6. bilzmale

bilzmale Super Moderator Emeritus

Jul 17, 2010
    Perth, Western Australia
    Bill Shinnick
    Hello emf2 and welcome to the site - I enjoyed my GRD3 a lot when I had one.

7. Welcome. Glad to have you.

8. john m flores

john m flores SC All-Pro

Aug 13, 2012
    Welcome to the lounge, Edwin! Fil-Am here. Haven't been home since 2008…miss the warmth. Don't miss the traffic!

9. efm2

efm2 New to SC

Nov 19, 2014
    Thanks for the warm welcome, guys :smile:

@ olli - ETD is next week. Maybe before the end of November. I'll keep you posted. Cubao or Makati? Why not. I think we'll have a "better" street photos in Cubao but might have a little security problem :smile: I'll take a look at your blog.

@ Luke - No no no! Not yet :smile: ! I've been wanting to do street for the longest time but I'm just a little intimated to do so with big DSLRs. This cam might open up a new experience for me. I have 2 Pentax Qs but I feel they are a little laggy for street.

@ bilzmale - I hope I'll have the same experience with it.

@ davect01 - Thanks

@ John - Thanks for the welcome. Is the Flores from the Fil side? I have Flores relatives from the south (Quezon).