1. Reminder: Please use our affiliate links for holiday shopping!

Hi from the Philippines!

Discussion in 'Welcomes and Introductions' started by tattee, Sep 15, 2011.

1. tattee

tattee SC Regular

Sep 14, 2011
    Hi to all! I'm an electronic/firmware engineer by profession and loves photography as a hobby.

Here's a short history:

As a child I never got to experience photography. No cameras, no internet, no money!:redface: I envied people with cameras and especially beautiful photos hanging on camera shops. Then came my first payday at age 22 and immediately a camera is No.1 on my list.

I've started with the basic point n shoot cameras from canon and olympus and was left wanting for more. So, I moved up to Lumix LX3 and had a great time. Eventually, I sold the LX3 to get my first DSLR (pentax KX). It was great with old manual lenses but realized the huge bulky DSLR wasn't for me. So I went back to panasonic and bought the GF1 which was great too and probably the camera I owned the longest time (almost 2 yrs). Then came the Ricoh GXR + 28mm which I currently own. I love it for its sensor and body size. It takes great B&W photos,which previously I had zero interest in.

Right now, I'm considering selling my Ricoh GXR (too bad since i really love the it!:frown:) to fund for an upcoming business. But I won't be leaving photography, I'm eyeing the GRDIII or GRDIV for the mean time until I can have funds back for the GXR.

SO you might ask, "Why Ricoh?". The answer is simple, Ricoh brought the greatest photography experience for me and I enjoyed taking pictures with it.:smile:

• Like Like x 2
  2. Will

Will SC All-Pro

Aug 30, 2010
    England
    Welcome from England

I'm a fan of the GRD cameras and would definitely recommend one.

3. bartjeej

bartjeej SC Hall of Famer

Nov 12, 2010
    bart
    Hi and welcome from the Netherlands! That's a nice history you posted there... best of luck with your future business, and whichever Ricoh you decide on using!

4. Streetshooter

Streetshooter Administrator Emeritus

Jul 12, 2010
    Philly, Pa
    Welcome. I also am a GRD3 fan. Greatest camera. Maybe you'll be the first with the GRD4.
    Post some images so we can see what you see.
    Don

5. tattee

tattee SC Regular

Sep 14, 2011
    Thank you guys for the warm welcome!:) Looking forward to share more pictures with you!

6. AzPete

AzPete SC Veteran

Dec 24, 2010
    hey tatt: welcome and yes share some pics from your homeland.
    Cheers from, (its still hot down here in) Arizona,
    Pete

7. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    tattee, I admire your attitude and am sure your business will be a success! Thank you so much for your introduction and, yes, please do post some photographs so we can "see what you see". Welcome to Serious Compacts!:flowers_2:

8. HeatherTheVet

HeatherTheVet SC All-Pro

Apr 23, 2011
    Scotland
    Heather
    Hi Tattee, many greetings from Scotland! Looking forward to seeing your stuff, I like the way you're showing us your passion already!
    Heather

9. james nicol

james nicol New to SC

Sep 22, 2010
    new york
    hello
    i am form nyc but my family lives in Cebu also weighing the GRD3 vs GRD4 just need one camera with a single focal length , and let your eyes do the rest . all the best listen to the shooters in this thread , they have been helpful to me
    james nicol

• Like Like x 1
  10. tattee

tattee SC Regular

Sep 14, 2011
    Thank you all for the very warm welcome!:smile: This is a great forum full of very friendly people and very good photographers.:smile: I've been looking at some of the pictures posted here and was just amazed and inspired especially when knowing we all use compact cameras and not DSLRs.

• Like Like x 1
  11. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    Thank you, tattee!:flowers_2:

And welcome, James, to Serious Compacts! Please keep us posted on your decisions and be sure to share some pictures with us very soon, too.:th_salute:

• Like Like x 1