Hi there (from Seattle)!

Discussion in 'Welcomes and Introductions' started by lattiboy, Mar 7, 2011.

1. lattiboy

lattiboy SC Regular

Mar 6, 2011
    Hi all,

Been shooting for a few years now. I started out as a total camera whore (got an A900 my 2nd year of shooting!) and quickly realized I had no use for 40MB raw files. Sold off all my gear and was sans camera for about a year. Just getting back into the game now. I've ordered a Samsung EX1 / TL500 and a GF1 + 20mm kit. Going to decide which to keep this week.

I realized (when carrying around $8,000 worth of gear in a backpack that could fit a pup tent) that it was perhaps prudent to have a decent, compact camera that I could carry about unobtrusively. My first "serious compact" was the LX3 which I absolutely loved and was my only camera on my vacation to Spain.

I've been quite active on a few boards, but none more so than dyxum.com. It's an awesome site, but since I don't have any Sony/Minolta gear anymore, I haven't been in a bit. I also sometimes post on getdpi.

I really love trading and selling gear, so you'll see me as much in the buy/sell/trade as much as anywhere else.

My flickr: Flickr: lattiboy's Photostream

• Like Like x 1
  2. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    lattiboy, thanks for taking me up on the invitation to introduce yourself here! Great description of that pup tent amount of gear!:wink:

I'll be very interested to hear your thoughts about both of these cameras and hope you'll let us know which one you decide is your keeper and why. In the meantime, don't hesitate to post some of your photographs with your LX3 and, eventually, whichever upcoming camera you decide to keep.:thumbup:

3. olli

olli Super Moderator Emeritus

Sep 28, 2010
    Metro Manila
    olli
    Hello and welcome.

4. Herman

Herman The Image Stimulator

Jul 11, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Herman
    Hello and welcome from Holland !

5. Armanius

Armanius Bring Jack back!

Jan 11, 2011
    Houston, Texas
    Jack
    Welcome to the forum! I recently ditched the Sony A55, after having it for about 60 days! So I was briefly on the dyxum forum. :)

6. sanseven

sanseven New to SC

Mar 16, 2011
    hi Im a new welcome

7. dixeyk

dixeyk Guest

welcome fellow Washingtonian

8. Herman

Herman The Image Stimulator

Jul 11, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Herman
    Hello and welcome here! Nice you made it here.

9. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    BB
    sanseven, thanks for saying hello in here! We're glad to have you here - and welcome, from New York!:biggrin: