Discussion in 'Welcomes and Introductions' started by angelcab, Dec 15, 2010.

1. angelcab

angelcab New to SC

Dec 15, 2010
    Hi everybody, I am new here and basically new to photography. My wife just gave me a canon 550D for more than 3 weeks now but I realize I cannot bring it anytime with me because of the size. So it came to my mind that I need a compact camera that I can bring it anytime with me to document everything I do missions.

Thanks alot for this site it really answers most of my questions when it comes compact cameras.

• Like Like x 2
  2. olli

olli Super Moderator Emeritus

Sep 28, 2010
    Metro Manila
    Hello and welcome. If you have any more unanswered questions do post them on SC.
  3. deirdre

deirdre SC Top Veteran

Sep 26, 2010
    Welcome! I love my compact cameras (though mine are less compact than many members'!
  4. BBW

BBW Administrator Emeritus

Jul 7, 2010
    betwixt and between
    angelcab, welcome aboard! :biggrin:

Most of the members here have more than one camera they use. Right now, however, my Panasonic LX5 is the only digital camera I own. I think different circumstances can call for different cameras, plus there's always the love of cameras and photography that usually gets added into the mix, as well.:wink:

Please keep us posted on your decisions, angelcab and, as olli said - don't hold back on any questions!
  5. Penny

Penny SC Veteran

Aug 26, 2010
    Outside Liverpool Uk
    Hi and welcome since I bought my canonS95 the only time its not with me is in bed! yes I also own a superb leica X1 which I havn't used for a wee while but the canon is I think the smallest compact camera around that can be used in many ways AV full automatic and fully manual and other things that I personally don't use.
    I'm sure you'll find one to suit soon.
    • Like Like x 1
  6. Herman

Herman The Image Stimulator

Jul 11, 2010
    The Netherlands
    Hello and welcome here !
  7. bilzmale

bilzmale Super Moderator Emeritus

Jul 17, 2010
    Perth, Western Australia
    Bill Shinnick
    Hello and welcome. Most of us here dabble in multi formats.