B&W High Contrast B & W

I believe it was a squadron of UFO's trying to determine whether Minnesota was habitable at this time of year....

....they left....;)

:rofl::rofl:

Hey! I will have you know that global warming is apparently in effect up here in Minnesota. Mostly above freezing temperatures :eek: and hardly any snow. Actually, it has been a bit of a depressing winter... can't remember the last time I saw this much brown grass. It is hard to get motivated to go cross country skiing when you have to drive 4 hours. :D

Sony Nex 5N + Olympus OM Zuiko 21mm 3.5

I think I now have my ultra wide lense needs sorted now after buying this lense. Haven't had much of a chance to use it yet though.

fw3.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

building2.jpg

building1.jpg

Thanks folks. That's a new sign on a building that just got a new facade, about a block and a half from where I live, so I walk past it a lot. I've been thinking since I saw it that there should be a good photograph in it somewhere, and I've tried a few before this one. This is the first one that worked. I even shot it twice yesterday, once on my way out and once on my way back an hour and a half or so later, and this one was on the way back - the sun was just right. Kind of a cool design, because the 1, 2, 3 is frontward from one direction and backward from the other, but since the prevailing sun is from the south, they designed it so that for the relatively short time of day (and year) that there's a defined shadow, the numbers show up right in the shadow. Sort of cool.

Soundfanz, these were shot with the Ricoh GXR with the 28mm module (the only module I have or want of what's available). I often go out with the X-100 around my neck and the GXR in my pocket. The X100 is a really fun camera to shoot with, but I'm just more of a 28mm kind of guy - seems to be my sweet-spot focal length.

-Ray

Ray thanks.
It is looking down on a flat roof on my house. The grey is the rubber roofing material, the black shapes are the ice which seems to have grown out across the rubber from the puddles of water.

Back